Hey do you guys know what will be on the first floors? Restaurants? I hope it's restaurants. I think I saw a sign saying something about a deli coming?

One will be The Spot coffee. They had a poster posted in the lower floor of building D on the window.

I do, I don't recall anyone mentioning upgrading a McDonalds to win an architectural award. Updating it to align with other updated ones is just catching up with the times and their theme. Prices won't be lowered otherwise it will already be lower. Whatever makes the area nicer. If you want cheaper food there's IKEA across the street or drive across the city to find a lower priced McDonalds in worse shape.
So you would rather McDonald's spends their money on making their buildings more visually pleasing, than to keep their prices low? Seems kinda contrary to what McD is all about (providing cheap food). If we're talking about upgrades for keeping the building clean and safe, then yes of course I support that, but purely visual upgrades seem like a tremendous waste of money to me...

One will be The Spot coffee. They had a poster posted in the lower floor of building D on the window.
Bah... I'm hoping for a real restaurant not just a coffee place, one where I can go for a nice (but cheap) homecooked-style meal when I'm too lazy to make something. Hopefully there'll be one...

So you would rather McDonald's spends their money on making their buildings more visually pleasing, than to keep their prices low? Seems kinda contrary to what McD is all about (providing cheap food). If we're talking about upgrades for keeping the building clean and safe, then yes of course I support that, but purely visual upgrades seem like a tremendous waste of money to me...

It's not either or. Check out some McDonalds these days and see that they have fireplaces, and a nicer lounging area than a few years ago. We're not talking about bulldozing the place down and building a McPalace. The McDonalds at York Mills and Leslie updated in the Summer/Fall of this year. They're updating to keep up and ahead with the competition as they put it. I support an updated McDonalds with an interior and exterior facelift with more comfortable feel and more menu options. Hopefully their plan includes this one as the following links suggests:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/07/mcdonalds-canada-idUSN1E78608D20110907

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...lion-for-canadian-renovations/article2156207/

Last edited:
I don't think so, but I'm not sure. But you can't order a berry juice there because they don't have the upgraded machine in which the York Mills location has. They have the regular orange juice and apple juice. I'm not sure if that's a part of their extended menu items or part of the McCafe theme.

Has anyone been checking out the growing adds on Kijjii and Craigslist for condo rentals at Discovery?? Wow! Apparantely, this complex will have a majority of renters instead of owners living in it.

well...

well....

it seems back in dec , when building A start to move in , there was A LOT of units for sale ... unfortunately, either those unit is asking for unreasonable high $$$ OR those unit doesn't have parking ....

since those unit can't sell ......they all now "up for rent" .... but the rent they ask for is too $$$ either ....

honestly , i got my keys since early dec...... move a lot of stuff in there already ..BUT i am still looking for the second parking space ..... so me + parents still not live there yet .....

i think they really think they have to solve the parking issue .....and grand open the amenities soon ......

well....

it seems back in dec , when building A start to move in , there was A LOT of units for sale ... unfortunately, either those unit is asking for unreasonable high $$$ OR those unit doesn't have parking ....

since those unit can't sell ......they all now "up for rent" .... but the rent they ask for is too $$$ either ....

honestly , i got my keys since early dec...... move a lot of stuff in there already ..BUT i am still looking for the second parking space ..... so me + parents still not live there yet .....

i think they really think they have to solve the parking issue .....and grand open the amenities soon ......

I have an extra parking spot for rent. It is for building E so it won't be ready until end of March. Let me know.

Odd and random question directed at those who have moved in already. What is the typical height of the island table in the kitchen in most units?

Has anyone been checking out the growing adds on Kijjii and Craigslist for condo rentals at Discovery?? Wow! Apparantely, this complex will have a majority of renters instead of owners living in it.

well....

since those unit can't sell ......they all now "up for rent" .... but the rent they ask for is too $$$ either .... .

does that really surprise the both of you ?!?

IIRC, when i went to their presentation centre, the majority of ppl there seemed to be investors.
i think the ppl that bought here are the same ones that bought at CP

the sales rep provided a 'spreadsheet' demonstrating supposedly how it would be feasable as a rental unit, etc.
i dont recall the exact figures but remember having the feeling that rental rates used were optimistic after checking mls, craigslist and kijiji.

what surprised me were the prices, which was asking the same as dt (excluding Yorkville) and parking spots costing extra !

the sales rep provided a 'spreadsheet' demonstrating supposedly how it would be feasable as a rental unit, etc.
i dont recall the exact figures but remember having the feeling that rental rates used were optimistic after checking mls, craigslist and kijiji.
Haha those must be really "sophisticated" investors if they're gonna take investment advise from a condo sales rep.

Back