If anyone cares, I got into Aria at $300 per square foot with parking and locker, and the remaining builder suites now are listed at rougly $500 per square foot. The first resale units will show up for sale on MLS beginning of October so it will be interesting to see how the pricing plays out. I'm planning on selling my unit fairly soon and I just hope I beat the "rush" that will inevitably come when the ParkPlace units hit the market.

I got into Tango1 at $375psf without parking, and i think with parking is around $400. Looks like discovery and tango 1 owners are going to see good profits if $500psf stabilizes for this intersection. Honestly I think it will since ARIA is much pricier, so Park Place will be a good alternative for those people who want to be in this area.

mind you ... ARIA is a substantially higher end product (compared with Concord Adex)

If anyone cares, I got into Aria at $300 per square foot with parking and locker, and the remaining builder suites now are listed at rougly $500 per square foot. The first resale units will show up for sale on MLS beginning of October so it will be interesting to see how the pricing plays out. I'm planning on selling my unit fairly soon and I just hope I beat the "rush" that will inevitably come when the ParkPlace units hit the market.

what psf are you planning to sell at? oh the anticipation for this area is mounting, GLTA

Last edited:
We're not too sure yet to be honest. I know it will be no less than $500 per square foot, especially since our unit has over $15K in upgrades and things like high quality window coverings which the builders suites do not. Also, the remaining suites the builder is selling are either undesirable or very expensive (a million dollars). Our particular unit sold out on the first day of VIP sales as there aren't too many of them in the building (split two bedroom, two bath with large 170 square foot balcony and west south west exposure with view of downtown).

It's tough to get too excited about the 'killing' as the builder held onto our 25% deposit for three years with no interest to us plus the pricing for all the other homes in the GTA also went up, one of which we bought.

yes but look at it this way, there was no amount of interest you would have gotten with the 25% deposit that would be part of an investment that would net this kind of return almost guaranteed. with the market crashes that we just experienced, that 25% deposit was prolly the safest place for you to park that money and still make a "killing" a few years later...=)

Actually Professor, the funds are held in trust, accruing interest. But no mention at what rate. Any interest accrued will be applied against the purchase price. It's in the sales agreement. I've been talking with my realtor, and we both feel the 500/sft would be huge, but unlikely. Discovery 1 should have lower maintenance fees as it shares amenities between 5 buildings. Tango shares with 2. Upside lower maintenance, downside more users. Will have to wait til occupancy to get a better feel of the price.

thanks tekguy. definitely did not know that about the accruing interest part. thanks for the photos by the way. do you have more per chance that will you would be willing to put up??

also, if you don't mind me asking, did they assign you a parking spot during your PDI? or have you already been assigned one already before going to your PDI?

I took some other pics, but just rooms, nothing spectacular. The lockers and parking spots were already assigned. She took me down to the basement to show me the spot.

Here's some more pics, knock yourself out :p

Attachments

• IMG_3810.jpg
    IMG_3810.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_3809.jpg
    IMG_3809.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_3817.jpg
    IMG_3817.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 288
Thanks for the insider PICs tekguy ... congrads ~

I took some other pics, but just rooms, nothing spectacular. The lockers and parking spots were already assigned. She took me down to the basement to show me the spot.

Here's some more pics, knock yourself out :p

Thanks for the extra pics tekguy, much appreciated! Your unit is very airy and bright feeling! What do you think about the carpeting in the bedroom? I hope its not the cheap stuff. I would have preferred to have laminate in there as well.

tekguy, did u get the pantry option?

I bought an assignment, and didn't know about this option until PDI. Not a big deal for me. Every square foot is important in a condo. Does anybody out there feel that its a must? Curious because I'll probably be selling.

Back