I thought the Black Diamond was already the (Upgrade option) stated on their web site. No sales person was really clear to me telling me a basic would be that island table with a handicap leg at the end. hah! I am guessing that that leaves some space to get creative such as sliding in an expandable table or just simply having more leg space. Is that leg really secure or can you pull that sucker right out?

Having said that, I like the black colour. I think for smaller units the lighter colours will give the feeling of more space. I definitely have to see this stuff in person to figure out what furniture will work.

I find quality bar stools difficult to find with back support for a decent price. They all look about the same and average and the high end ones that look cool are really priced out of this world. I'm also shopping around.

thats what i thou too.

but according to the sales person, there were 3 different options: the white, beige and black version and each version had their own upgrade. if you upgraded, you would get the frosted cabinets, the end gable instead of the legs for the island and pot/valence lighting in the kitchen. i forgot what they changed in the bathroom thou but i suspect it would not be that must of a difference in the washroom. upgrade was $5500 and you had to pay half of it when you signed the sales agreement.

as to the bar stools, you are right on the money. cheaper ones have no back support but the nicer ones are really expensive. i saw some nice ones in some decor magazines but they are all in the states and if you deliver to canada, you are paying a fortune in shipping and customs anyways so you might as well buy the nicer ones here. hopefully, retailers here will do some discount during xmas and boxing and im gonna see if i can buy a couple and just keep it around for awhile instead of buying them when i move in.

Maybe that unit is part of the Black-sliver package combo. I remember it was offered as a free upgrade and of course I jumped right on board. It has some of the elements from the Black diamond package.

I guess the reason for the space underneath the island table is because it is desginated as the 'dining' part of the kitchen. I will also definitely be looking for those bar stools with back support......

It is just me moving into my unit. No wife or girlfriend and as a guy in his 30's my concept of interrior decor is simple...Need to have the basic elements... large screen tv, leather sofa, bear-skin rug...lol. And everything else will slowly fit into place afterwards.

lol amen to the large screen tv, leather sofa, bear-skin rug.

and i think you are right, that might be black-silver package and the one i was referring to was the black-diamond package...

Hahah, oh there's a black-SILVER package?

A-kau: Ahh, yes, I remember that term the end gable. I wish someone would have told me if you didn't upgrade then one side would have some pole as the replacement. I think the key statement that would have clicked was if I didn't upgrade I would get a pole leg at the end instead of a full table gable.

Aw $&*#, so I'm not getting the frosted cabinets. I got the stainless steel appliances though.

Well, since it seems a few of us are looking for the same thing as in bar stools with at least a back support and perhaps other similar types of furniture with similar theme floorplans, let me know if you're interested in collaborating group discount rates, sharing shopping tips, etc..since we may have similar concerns, and interests.

From what I can tell, there are a small group of us here on this board who will be residents. I'm suggesting if you are interested, PM me and we'll take furniture talk in another group since we'll be neighbours anyways.

Funny thing about your bear-skin rug. If you read your purchaser agreement, there is ACTUALLY a specific section in there, that requires you have a rug in your living area to mitigate noise. If I can find it, I'll highlite it. Not sure how they can enforce it, but it's funny that it's actually in there.

lol amen to the large screen tv, leather sofa, bear-skin rug.

and i think you are right, that might be black-silver package and the one i was referring to was the black-diamond package...

Stools

Yeah getting stools were definitely a pain point, but we got 2 of these from Costco a while ago when they were on sale:
http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product...=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

it was shipped to my parents place and we took one out and sat on it for a little bit - we think it's pretty comfy! (although haven't used them extensively on a daily basis)

We also got 3 of these as guest stools (not white ones, we got birch color ones because they were the only ones on sale) from Ikea a while ago on their Wacky Wednesday sale. So if we have more than 5 people over for dinner, they'd need to BYOC :p

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/00199208/

thanks for all the pictures! it's so exciting to see everyone finally moving into their places

Last edited:
I wonder who will be the first to have their unit made into the IKEA showroom with all their main furniture. :)

It is just me moving into my unit. No wife or girlfriend and as a guy in his 30's my concept of interrior decor is simple...Need to have the basic elements... large screen tv, leather sofa, bear-skin rug...lol. And everything else will slowly fit into place afterwards.

word up! bear-skin rug - good suggestion!

LOL... I also read about how a rug is needed on the floor. I was curious in terms of the actual moving process. Will there be designated elevators used for moving furniture up to the units? Has anyone partially moved in yet?

I, too, read about the rug on the floor. And I think it actually said something along the lines of covering 60% of the floors?!?

Anywho, I also would like to know about the actual moving process! Do you have to reserve elevators? Are there rules around it? I'm sure it'll be sooooo choatic in a few weeks...

I just got my keys today for discovery one, went up to my unit and felt a little dizzy. For pdi it was a rainy day, so it was not as obvious, but today I realized all the corners or the floor are not even. I placed a pen on the floor and it started rolling like a race car. I don't know what I could do now to fix it. Probably writing this on the warranty. If anyone else has the same issue, I would like to know and maybe we can do something about it together.

Hello Mcl, any items that weren't identified during the PDI can be addressed in the first 30-days. Tarion has pretty strict guidelines, so it's very important you pay attention to your cutoff dates.

@winger I think you're supposed to call the building management to arrange an appointment for moving day. They gave me a contact number when I picked up the keys.

What is this gift package I was supposed to get? I picked up my keys after hours so they didn't have it. Is it worth getting? If it's another set of towels, I think I'll pass.

I just got my keys today for discovery one, went up to my unit and felt a little dizzy. For pdi it was a rainy day, so it was not as obvious, but today I realized all the corners or the floor are not even. I placed a pen on the floor and it started rolling like a race car. I don't know what I could do now to fix it. Probably writing this on the warranty. If anyone else has the same issue, I would like to know and maybe we can do something about it together.

umm..postal code ??

Can someone confirm the postal code of building A for me ?? thank you ..

since i still can't find our complex address on canada post web site ...

Thank you for reminding me on the uneven flooring issue , since i didn't go to the PDI myself, my mom did .. also i will have to check on the "legs" of the breakfast island...

I agree on winger ..... costco's bar stool are pretty reasonable with the price + quality .... sometimes the actual costco store DOES carry them around christmas time. so go check costco out ..

i don't even know where my mom put the "welcome package" ..... need to dig it out and read about the flooring ..

and YES ..... i am still looking for the second parking space for my car ... :(

You can call the customer service to ask for your official address.

As for the floor, you can always write it down for your 30day warranty but there are official building guidelines as to what is considered a defect so you probably look it up.

When we did our PDI, we brought a tennis ball to roll around and some levels that I randomly placed around the unit both on the floors and on countertops and on cabinets - i didn't find any problems at all, so sorry to hear you have issues; keep us posted.

Back