1. As long as parking is short, the visitor parking procedure is annoying, and no tickets are given out, they will continue to park that way.

3. There's not enough space to put the intercom in the middle, and it just doesn't make sense to put the intercom on the right side. They should just make the exit from the garage to exit on the right side, but thats all backwards...Considering the conditions the left side was probably the best spot for it.

5. The hallway does get pretty hot. I just say to myself that I'm going down there to sweat anyway

6. The oven works fine for me, but it stays hot for a long time after turning it off.

Also yeah I'm renting parking spot and a locker now. Price wasn't too good, but at least its one less worry off my list.

Now my own questions:

a. When are they turning on the A/C?

b. People moving in without Elevator bookings are starting to annoy me. All you can hear are the elevator alarms going off and then a full elevator of boxes and mainland chinese people taking up all the space. No joke monday night i waited for an elevator for 20 minutes. (I'm chinese so I can say "those chinese people"). This is not a question

c. Trying to find a nice design for a standing partition that will effectively create my den into another room. Anyone know a nice wall-builder? Preferably aluminum and foggy glass with an optional sliding door.

d. looking for a nice piece of art-work < $300. Anyone know a place with a wide selection of original stuff?

e. How prime are the parking spots going to be once final closing comes? Are there still going to be tonnes of free spaces?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi, new member but I have a unit in Building A. Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the following:

1. People are parking on both sides of Singer Court, leaving room for only one car to go through at a time. This is quite annoying as I have to wait for a car coming from the opposite direction to come all the way through before I can go. Is this temporary (for agent home showings) or will they put a stop to this?

2. The spiral ramp behind Building A going from Singer Court down to the garage entrance (the ramp that overlooks the railway) - there are no guardrails along one of the bends, which could be dangerous. Has anyone brought this up with management and are they going to do anything about this?

3. The visitor parking garage entrance on Singer Court after you turn in from Provost - I find it so stupid that the intercom is on the left side of the driveway. My guest buzzed the garage door open only to find a car right in front of him that was trying to exit the garage. Shouldn't the intercom be in the middle?

4. Does anyone know of any good electricians for a reasonable price? I need somebody to look at the wiring in one of the lighting "docks" on my ceiling.

5. The hallway along the recreational area in Building B (fitness centre, gym) gets so hot and smothering at certain times of the day when a lot of people are using the amenities. Does anyone know if the hallway has a decent ventilation system and is management aware that they need to use it?

6. I have a suspicion that the oven that comes with the unit takes longer to bake things than other ovens (I don't bake but a friend pointed this out to me as she was trying to bake something using my oven). Has anyone else tried it and noticed this or is it just me?

I also noticed a lot of posts a few pages ago about drilling into thin walls and stuff. I have a possible solution for you guys:
http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/Products/Product-Catalog/
They hold quite well. I use them on an 8 LB painting that measures 60x30 inches, and it holds perfectly. You can get them at Canadian Tire.

Last edited:
Anyone has taken up Rogers 3 months free promotion? Is it really a free trial no obligation? I already hooked up with teksavvy so all I want is cable TV, that I watch like 2 hrs a day....hmm....

Anyone has taken up Rogers 3 months free promotion? Is it really a free trial no obligation? I already hooked up with teksavvy so all I want is cable TV, that I watch like 2 hrs a day....hmm....

it is free for 3 months, just remember to cancel with 30 days prior to the end of the 3 months, or you'll have to pay one month...

Yes, the oven does take longer to preheat than the indicator light "indicates". I bought an oven thermometer since I normally use one for baking and from experience it did take a while to preheat to the temperature I set. However, I was also pleasantly surprised that after the longer preheat time (it is standard for many ovens to actually take that long to preheat, it's just most people don't notice this) the oven is well calibrated! So, for future use, just turn it on earlier for preheating, which is what I did and my "bake time" remained the same.

6. I have a suspicion that the oven that comes with the unit takes longer to bake things than other ovens (I don't bake but a friend pointed this out to me as she was trying to bake something using my oven). Has anyone else tried it and noticed this or is it just me?

Yes, the oven does take longer to preheat than the indicator light "indicates". I bought an oven thermometer since I normally use one for baking and from experience it did take a while to preheat to the temperature I set. However, I was also pleasantly surprised that after the longer preheat time (it is standard for many ovens to actually take that long to preheat, it's just most people don't notice this) the oven is well calibrated! So, for future use, just turn it on earlier for preheating, which is what I did and my "bake time" remained the same.

One good thing to say about Concord, they didn't cheap out on the appliances. They buy us the good stuff.

hi Discovery residents, can anyone take a photo from their balcony from time to time on Tango's progress next door?

it is free for 3 months, just remember to cancel with 30 days prior to the end of the 3 months, or you'll have to pay one month...

Hi there - anyone still have contact information of the Rogers rep that I can call to set up the 3 month free internet/tv? Thanks in advance!!

Lockers

I have one more locker available to rent in Building A/B area in P1.

PM me if you're interested in renting a standard locker.

Thanks

I just received a letter from my Lawyer regarding 33 Singer Court. Looks like we're closing May 14. Not too bad.

I hope the cost of this additional installation is coming from the glass manufacture and not out of the pocket of the condo corp.

I hope the cost of this additional installation is coming from the glass manufacture and not out of the pocket of the condo corp.

probably not... I read somewhere that the defective glass supplier has already gone under... which totally sucks for us...

Back