mine comes to 0.53/sq foot after I take out the parking $50 and locker $15. when I bought the unit, I think the builder said is was estimated at $0.45 per sq foot

How much is everyone paying for maintenance fee? I have 575sqft + parking + locker and it's coming out to $370 a month. With the $50 parking and $15 locker maintenance fee quoted above, that turns out to be $.53sqft.

My monthly cost (maintenance, mortgage, property tax) is above my rental income of $1300.

I was reviewing my closing documents and in the Budget paperwork, they did mention some kind of calculation but I cannot find this schedule that they refer to. Anyone have access to this?
Monthly Individual Common Element Assessment:
Individual unit monthly common element assessments are determined by
multiplying the total monthly common element assessment ($512,589.00) by
the percentage contribution to common expenses of each unit. Please see
the Schedule at the back of this Budget Statement for the individual unit
monthly common element assessment.

Hi
Yes I purchased a unit in building A, I am interested in being part of a group and find these threads a bit difficult to follow. Do you know if there is group on facebook?

thanks,

I bought a unit in building A....has anyone else noticed the faucet in the washroom does not extend out enough. Also I was wondering if anyone has started a facebook group? I just joined ut today

I bought a unit in building A....has anyone else noticed the faucet in the washroom does not extend out enough. Also I was wondering if anyone has started a facebook group? I just joined ut today

Yes, the faucets is really close to the sink and it's very easy to splash water out. I've put it into my 30 Day Tarion warranty but doubt the builder will do anything about it because everyone else's is also like that. It would be nice if the sink was bigger.

Anyone else who wants to be part of the Discovery community group created by some residents, please PM me.

Thanks,

Wildymyst

I was reviewing my closing documents and in the Budget paperwork, they did mention some kind of calculation but I cannot find this schedule that they refer to. Anyone have access to this?
Monthly Individual Common Element Assessment:
Individual unit monthly common element assessments are determined by
multiplying the total monthly common element assessment ($512,589.00) by
the percentage contribution to common expenses of each unit. Please see
the Schedule at the back of this Budget Statement for the individual unit
monthly common element assessment.

The schedule is located in the Declaration for each building:
Storage unit: 0.002898% of the assessment = $14.85
Parking unit: 0.009711% of the assessment = $49.78
A 590sqft unit in building E (there are many of them at this size): 0.056055% of assessment = $287.33
Total maintenance is $351.96 which is $0.597/sqft or $0.487/sqft if you don't include the storage and parking cuz I'm not even sure if the 590sqft units were allowed to buy parking.
Personally, I would include storage and parking prices just because they're calculated as a % of the assessment which to me means the possibility of it going up if next year's budget goes up after the results of the reserve fund study.

*Edited to add: I should mention that I'm deflating the price/sqft here because I'm including balcony space. I don't know if that should/should not be included?

Last edited:
thanks for the email kareberry! I'm trying to go through it, it seems that there are multiple lines with the same unit numbers with different percentages, would you know why that is?

thanks for the email kareberry! I'm trying to go through it, it seems that there are multiple lines with the same unit numbers with different percentages, would you know why that is?

Yup, I realized that all 4 buildings only have 1 declaration so you're seeing the same unit numbers from each building. I just guessed where they are tho. If all 4 buildings had a suite 11 in the floorplan just tack on the floor number in front, so say 311 showing up the first time I'd guess would be in Building A, but 311 the second, third or forth time would be in another building and sqft would be different. Ex. 311 in Building A is big 2b+s unit, whereas 311 in Building E is just a 1bd unit.

I don't get why we don't all have the same price/sqft though...I was just comparing my unit that for less square footage vs a similar unit in Building A, I'm paying more.. =(

OK I am starting to understand. The percentages are totally illogical though it seems. Certainly it is not based purely on per square foot, there must be some other magical calculation involved, particularly as you are paying more than a comparable unit in another building. Where they got this .45 cents per square foot in the original contract I'm not clear on as it seems most of us are paying more than that, even excluding parking and locker.

are you sure there are real estate agents holding the parking space? can you PM me if any of them would like to sell the parking spot?

i think it can sell seperately ..... since i know there are real estates agents that are holding the parking space , but not any unit ...

Hey everyone! I currently live in scarborough, and I'm seriously thinking of moving into the area. Discovery is one of my choices, and I'm kind of leaning toward it, for the modern feel and amenities. Do you guys have any input that you think could be helpful? Thanks! :)

Here is my story.

I was robbed after 2 months of liveing here....I started my own investigation and found my items for sale online.
I setup a meeting with this person saying I would buy my stuff back. and called the cops before hand and they went undercover to meet the guy.
Turns out he worked at discovery and the kicker... He worked for paragon security http://www.paragonsecurity.ca/management_team.html and was onsite the day I reported my items missing. It was an inside Job!!
I told the mgmt office and they did nothing to help...Asked to speak to the board which is still under the developer and they are giving me the run around.
Called Paragon and told them my story they said they would call me back with a solution....that was 3 weeks ago....ive left 10+ messages for a return call ignored..... they are refusing to call me back.

Now the place....not one camera... NOT ONE camera on all the underground parking! not one camera in the storage units! none!!...

its all renters here.....i see 8 ppl living in a one bedroom.....
Feel free to call the president of paragon for details Ron ‘R.J.’ France or call the VP. The mgmt office is here is Brookfield contact: discoverymanager@rogers.com.

Please contact mgmt or Paragon to complain!

You need a fob to go to your floor....so if you have guests you have to go pick them up every single time!

And much much more.....so if i could get out i would but i cant break the lease.

Last edited:
That is unbelievable! Did the person at least get fired?

They "said" he was.

But either way, highly doubt he worked alone. The guards here are kids....

Yonge and Finch area is a good area. Nice, safe & clean. Stick to Tridel, when they build they make common sense.
I.e. Here they have tan colored carpets in the hallway....this place has been opened for 2 months ans the carpets are so stained!! looks like carpets been here for 5 years!

Sorry to hear about your story robbed. I am not impressed by the security here at all, half of them are rude and have major attitude, like they don't even want to be working.
I knew about Concords reputation for using shoddy materials, but I loved this location and the condos closer to Yonge and Sheppard, as much as they are by Tridel and likely nicer, the traffic there is a zoo and they were MUCH more expensive when I was looking to buy. I think most people bought Discovery A at much under 400/square foot and so I guess you get what you pay for.
Are you going to pursue any further action re: security?

Back