On an unrelated note.. it looks like the a/c is out again today, it hasn't been working all morning and it's 26 degrees in here.

This happens in a lot of new condos.

It's happened numerous times here at X condo. Infact, I'm dealing with it right now. It's 77 in my unit, the AC is set at 71. The AC is not working, just blowing air out. It just hangs at 77 and nothing happens. I have to shut the AC off completely at times, wait 20mins and then start it up again, which helps sometimes. It's frustrating, but I've learned to deal with it (I think of the people that don't have AC in their buildings and then I am thankful that I even have AC).

"A lot of services and a lot of data" is subjective since Property Management at Discovery are the only ones allowed to post information in the common areas and the elevators. I don't recall issues posted and updates on the work in progress and general dates when work will be done to give the community a peace of mind about such things as AC which is becoming a higher priority item to attend to immediately.

Posting pretty letterheads with graphics with some general info is different than posting a high priority issue that is a concern to many residents to provide a peace of mind on what actually has been done with a bit more detail would be preferred to avoid bs-ing their way through timelines.

Obviously posting a reminder to residents with pets to not poo in the common areas is a nice gesture. I can do that myself with 4 photocopies to post in each mail box bulletin. I can organize it just as nice as they do as well.

Last edited:
i notice the AC issue as well... turning the AC on sometimes makes the unit even hotter... lol

haven't had any issue with hot water at all... its definitely hot and not just warm... the issue i noticed for the shower would be in regards to the water pressure... if I shower in the morning before 8am, water would sometimes slow to a dribble while still maintaining the temperature...

and im quite sorry to hear about the resident being robbed... definitely makes me consider signing up for AlarmForce or ADT or something... would definitely make me feel better since mgmt has our unit keys so its just another layer of security to protect ourselves with...

also, i agree with asiancolossus...price was hard to beat but you kind of get what you pay for... its not TOTALLY bad and I've heard of worse but I'm definitely looking forward to getting some of our residents on the condo board who will look out for our best interests...

Yea I called to see what was going on and they said they were swamped with all the new condos hence why the bills were late. However they were able to process mine when I called and my bill averaged out to approximately $70 a month.

Questions for the residents.

I got a few questions. I just purchased a unit in 33 singer crt.
I wanted to know a few things about the community and units. I didn't pay close attention on my viewing :(

1. What brand is the washer dryer?
2. Any observations or complaints about the utilities and their quality?
3. Are there any updates to what will be happening to the mesh that is covering the possibly faulty glass?
4. What is the going rate for parking and lockers. I will be renting out my parking on P1 and locker unit on P2. anyone have idea on what price I should charge. (They will be available starting September of this year)
5. Any deals or promotions on internet packages...do people have a favourite ISP in the building.

any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

I got a few questions. I just purchased a unit in 33 singer crt.
I wanted to know a few things about the community and units. I didn't pay close attention on my viewing :(

1. What brand is the washer dryer?
2. Any observations or complaints about the utilities and their quality?
3. Are there any updates to what will be happening to the mesh that is covering the possibly faulty glass?
4. What is the going rate for parking and lockers. I will be renting out my parking on P1 and locker unit on P2. anyone have idea on what price I should charge. (They will be available starting September of this year)
5. Any deals or promotions on internet packages...do people have a favourite ISP in the building.

any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Welcome to Discovery! I just moved in recently myself, so I am not too sure on everything, but I can answer some of your questions.

1) The washer/dryer brand is ARISTON
2) I haven't had any issues, however many people have complained the AC does not work on certain days (usually the warmest days).
3) Good question, I am wondering the same
4) I have heard some people are charging as much as $300 for parking. Some have told me that is not true and that pricing is more around $150. To tell you the truth, I don't know the truth :)
5) I am with Rogers and have been for some time (contract).

That's the best I can do from my perspective. Feel free to check out the DISCOVERY FORUM for information pertaining to living at Concord Discovery.

Welcome to Discovery! I just moved in recently myself, so I am not too sure on everything, but I can answer some of your questions.

2) I haven't had any issues, however many people have complained the AC does not work on certain days (usually the warmest days).
4) I have heard some people are charging as much as $300 for parking. Some have told me that is not true and that pricing is more around $150. To tell you the truth, I don't know the truth :)

That's the best I can do from my perspective. Feel free to check out the DISCOVERY FORUM for information pertaining to living at Concord Discovery.

thanks for all your help, really helps

It's a really great forum about this community - Discovery at Concord Park Place Community

I recommend everyone check this out and I also encourage the people living in the community to join and share ideas there as well.

Thanks!

Discovery at Concord Park Place Community

Last edited:
I have a family a member who is interested in renting a unit at discovery. But she wanted to know what the ceiling heights were? Also the units she is interested is near the train tracks. How noisy can it get? Heart attack type feeling being awaken in the middle of the night by a rushing train?

thx

I have a family a member who is interested in renting a unit at discovery. But she wanted to know what the ceiling heights were? Also the units she is interested is near the train tracks. How noisy can it get? Heart attack type feeling being awaken in the middle of the night by a rushing train?

thx

For Building A and B I think if you hit certain high floors then they would be 9 foot ceilings (The two tallest buildings closer to the railroad). The rest of the floors are 8 foot ceilings.

Perhaps someone else can answer the noise level of the railroad as I'm not in those buildings.

Back