News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Gonna see a lot pieces fall as the article states, “monies will only be provided once an occupancy permit is provided.” Yikes! I guarantee we’ll see a ton more articles touting the failure of YYC’s plan as a ton more of these “conversions” get stuck in limbo. Now YYC will have a dozen scrambled eggs on their face when the smoke clears…..it was always “too good to be true” type of stories. I know Ian will disagree as he is a staunch YYC supporter….but……

LoL, I came here to share the same article

Kudos to the city on this:

"Wosnack (of Avison Young) praised the city’s speed in getting the development permit sorted. In other major cities, he said, the process is significantly longer.

“If you were to build a new residential tower in Toronto, it’s three years to get a development permit,” said Wosnack, adding that it could be 18 months in Vancouver.

We've definitely heard from developers that time is money and if the city continues to perform well in this regard, that is a plus for making development a bit more financially viable in Edmonton.

This building probably ticks a lot of the boxes for a successful conversion, but kudos to the developer for having the vision to go ahead with this at a time some others may have hesitated.

Also, if the city can help this move along quickly, that is good news too.

Back