News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

architext

Member Bio
Reaction score
just moved from Mississauga lol

I've always loved Toronto and went to Ryerson. Now I am here for good!!! I moved to Dupont & Lansdowne and love this area

The Junction is super nice

Welcome to the forum.

It's good to hear that you like living at Dupont and Lansdowne, since that intersection hasn't enjoyed a good reputation over the years. This has been attributed to drug production and crime in the high-rise apartments and general poverty originating from the decline of the large scale industries in the area.

Fortunately, many people in the area have been working to clean things up. This neighbourhood website might be of interest. I know the area has many pluses. The location isn't too far from the subway, and has interesting architecture from the turn of the century, and is close to other interesting neighbourhoods, like those in the Junction. It's improving similarly to the Junction.

Hi, I agree at first glance that area seemed kinda shady.. But I'll be honest. I've never ventured north of the intersection (I live in the Standard lofts).

Yet if I don't think about the "shadyness" of that area I realize how great the place is... Grocery stores & banks within walking/biking distance, a fitness club close by, and lots of Portugese shops around.

For sure the shady people will be drawn out of there soon, especially since they are building the Foundry loft complex. That's probably gonna be the final straw that will draw them out.

I'm still scared to go to that Coffee Time lol :(

There was a good excuse for walking N of the intersection this past weekend: the Corso Italia festival (hey, for people watching, at least, even if carny attractions aren't your thing)

And I sometimes benignly stop at that Coffee Time, though it helps that I never buy anything other than coffee at any Coffee Time. (Remember when it was that restaurant which had the "Mama Serves Cold Beer" sign, with the "Beer" blurred out? I was thinking of it being replaced with a similar "Mama Serves Hot Coffee" sign)

thinking of moving there

Hi - has the area become even better since your posts in 2008? I'm currently renting an apartment on the Yonge line so the Bloor west line seems sketchy to me, but it's affordable as far as purchases go. There have been a lot of comments throughout many forums regarding the drugs and prostitution in the area, but I found this thread and it seems that it's not so bad. Are you still living in the area and enjoying it? Thanks!!

Back