4.7K     0 

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
www.eastsidelofts.ca

The former 12 storey development has now been been cut short to 9 storeys, hopefully this time around this development will be successful. It also appears they are no longer using red brick.

eastsideuw8.jpg

#27 in the neighbourhood section still advertises the Olympic Spirit Building. They might want to edit that

Ah, but drawing attention to the "Presently Empty Former Olympic Spirit Facility That Failed Miserably" building, is not a good selling point.

It looks like an interesting building, but it's going to really depend on the quality of the material used on the side walls. Did they demolish some old blocks like the ones that surround the towers in the rendering, or are they planning to?

Did they demolish some old blocks like the ones that surround the towers in the rendering, or are they planning to?

There's a small shitty one storey building that will come down for this. The rest in the back on Britain Street is a parking lot. No big loss.

The proposal for the corner (left building in the second render) is the former Canada House Tavern. They plan to save the facade for it.

The rendering is certainly...well...pretty poor and its almost impossible to tell whether this will be a decent building or not. If it's as cheap as the rendering, then the city and the buyers of the units will be the losers.

I am surprised by the lack of balconies on the upper units.

This project was never approved. Site is zoned for 5 stories. Developer wanted 13 originally then 8. Developer also owns the corner of Sherbourne and Queen that is currently in sales (name escapes me now). I guess he decided to concentrate on that project after he realized how hard it would be to proceed with this one. And yes its for sale.

Back