News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
ECC? Well, give it, uh, twenty years...

...and I like that we're getting modernist townhouses here, and the wood details of the interiors are very nice: I love the retro-Dansk look.

The towers look bland. Etobicoke's city centre is a joke. Not because of its density or urban features, but because Etobicoke seemed to be unsure of where to even plan it. There's higher density along West Mall and East Mall, but no rapid transit connection. Then there's the Bloor and Islington area with density, but beyond Bloor it's all suburban and there's major cultural, government, or retail centre there.

this is no architectural gem. however, given the desolate wasteland that is etobicoke, i'm surprised something of this "quality" is even getting built.

The majority of what used to be the city of Etobicoke is anything but a desolate wasteland, get your facts straight.
As for this development, some slightly interesting touches, but overall.... zzzzzzzzzzz.

The majority of what used to be the city of Etobicoke is anything but a desolate wasteland, get your facts straight.
As for this development, some slightly interesting touches, but overall.... zzzzzzzzzzz.

"...of what used to be," why sure. I had to grow up in Etobicoke for most of my life. In my books, it is a wasteland. Maybe not a desolate wasteland. I'll leave that designation for Missassauga. I kid.

Back