What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Being more responsive to industry is a very positive thing in most circumstances and I would have to give the COE some credit there. Over the last decade they have made some significant strides forward to do just that, work alongside industry (especially with infill) and actively integrate feedback into their process improvements.

From the COE Council hearing.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 7.53.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 7.54.45 PM.png

One thing that the City has to work on is streamlining its approval process so that it does not cost so much in terms of time expenditure. I have said this before, but the City should be less proactive in terms of setting design concepts in place and more reactive to actual proposals coming its way. There has to be a better appreciation for the "time is money" axiom.

Didn't Sohi highlight that or reducing permit times as one of his big priorities? Hopefully we see some action on that.

I don't think so - this has become more of an issue in the last few years. Before that, I don't recall any politicians really focusing on permit times, so I don't think its right to say they would have all promised it and then passed it to administration to implement. In any event, it would fall on administration to implement since they are the ones that are processing the applications.

Back to this project - Given that Westrich wanted 10 years of non-accessory parking in their last rezoning go-around, I don't think this project will be moving forward for a long long time.

Back