What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Love it! Can someone give me a quick lesson on permits? So this is a development permit. After that is building permit which means construction can start? Does that usually come quickly after?

What is before development permit?

Development Permit approves the building plans with focus on approving use/occupancy type and size ensuring compliance to Zoning By-laws mainly.

Building permit follows with review of building plans ensuring compliance to Safety Codes and other City-Bylaws. Building permits are sometimes broken up into separate project stages. We will probably see this soon.

Final occupancy is provided when the Safety Codes Officer is satisfied with the building and when all engineering approvals/certificates are submitted.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 9.23.53 AM.png

Like-a-this!

Any update on this one? Was thinking about it today but haven't heard anything. I assume they are still going through the development permit stage?

Any update on this one? Was thinking about it today but haven't heard anything. I assume they are still going through the development permit stage?
Think the DP was issued early in 2021; likely going through the BP stage right now. I'm guessing there were issues raised by partners (EPCOR, Telus, etc) during circulation that are being addressed.

Think the DP was issued early in 2021; likely going through the BP stage right now. I'm guessing there were issues raised by partners (EPCOR, Telus, etc) during circulation that are being addressed.
The BP fees have not been paid since they were issued for payment last December, which has held up the review process understandably.

Something seems fishy with this developer….I remember the linked in post from this guy and he seemed waaaayyy too used-car-salesy for my liking.

As far as I can tell nothing has happened here for a long time - another empty/abandoned lot to add to the area.

This used to be a nice area with the older houses mixed in with the high rises, now that most have been torn down and there are a bunch of empty lots, not so much.

Back