Taken July 2, 2024
1000016583.jpg

1000016584.jpg

1000016585.jpg

1000016588.jpg

1000016589.jpg

I quite like the work done here, simple but effective. One problem I see is that since they had to create a road access for the on building, the little park is even smaller, but more importantly as you can see in the last picture they included a access on the left that appears to be a through access. Unfortunately for a couple cars that thought this when I was there at the other end it is blocked with small bollards. The cars had to back out of that lane that is big enough for cars..
I really hope the land just north of this little section can get a residential mixed use as the potential to further the growing charm of the area is definitely there.

Simple, effective, transformational change for that area. Nicely done!

Taken July 2, 2024
View attachment 577260
View attachment 577261
View attachment 577262
View attachment 577263
View attachment 577264
I quite like the work done here, simple but effective. One problem I see is that since they had to create a road access for the on building, the little park is even smaller, but more importantly as you can see in the last picture they included a access on the left that appears to be a through access. Unfortunately for a couple cars that thought this when I was there at the other end it is blocked with small bollards. The cars had to back out of that lane that is big enough for cars..
I really hope the land just north of this little section can get a residential mixed use as the potential to further the growing charm of the area is definitely there.
So the city planted six cedars when I was under the impression they don’t consider them hardy.

They only planted the cedars in the bioswales from what I can see. Maybe they know something we don't regarding moisture?

Ya good observation. My guess is contractor planted them, City doesn't know, 2 years from now they'll be dead and gone since the City doesn't maintain anything.
So true, my biggest peeve is when they re sodded Michael Phair park a few years ago. It looked great for two weeks, within a month it was dead because it was not watered.

Now it actually looks worse than before, so much money wasted, for nothing.

Ya good observation. My guess is contractor planted them, City doesn't know, 2 years from now they'll be dead and gone since the City doesn't maintain anything.
When I was walking through this pocket park a few days ago there was a contractor pressure washing all the sidewalks, watering the trees, and adding some new mulch. Maybe it’s still in its warranty phase? 🤷‍♂️

Back