What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1717710107152.png

I have yet to see shelters like this in Toronto and Montreal. I am currently exploring Montreal and the city is ridiculously safe compared to Edmonton.

I have yet to see shelters like this in Toronto and Montreal. I am currently exploring Montreal and the city is ridiculously safe compared to Edmonton.
It's almost as if each city, and perhaps more specifically Province, has unique challenges and governance that may influence these things, and you're more likely to recognize and see the problem in your own city than when traveling. There are 49 shelters of varying types in central Toronto.

Possibly, but i walked in downtown montreal at night with my 14 yr old son and we did see homeless but none bothered us the way they do in Edmonton. At no time did i feel worried for myself and more importantly, my son. It was so safe that we saw women walking by themselves as well.

The big difference was that many people were still out and about at 12am. Having eyes on the street works well.

Larger cities have larger tourist areas which are often, but not always safer. In some cities low income areas are further away from the business core and tourist areas, or have been pushed further away.

Here the problems seem to seep into the downtown core more, partly due to proximity.

Back