What do you think of this project?

• I like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
^
for all of the attention and lip service it gets, there is at least one new surface parking lot with no landscaping and no paving (road crush and precast curb stops) and a ticket machine.

What kind of progress has the city made towards encouraging development of all the Ill maintained parking lots? Any tax incentives to get buildings built? Any penalization or heavier taxes on vacant lots?

I think going forward bylaws should call for all central lots to require paving and a set percentage of landscaping/greenery. Taxes on parking lots should also be significantly higher per percentage value then a developed lot. It needs to be less comfortable to sit on an illegal or I’ll maintained lot for decades asking far higher pricing than what the value dictates.
Oh, its even worse than that, the city is once again working at cross purposes with itself. It has steadily reduced street parking downtown and just increased hours for having to pay for it which is quite helpful for those who own private parking lots.

Likely the thank you or chistmas card is in the mail those on city council who have been duped.

Yup, will be very convenient for one of the after parties with the main awards show tomorrow at ECC

The Juno Awards take place on Monday 6 PM at Rogers Place. I don't see anything happening at ECC tomorrow.

1678498975907.png

The awards are tomorrow at the ECC. The telecast is Monday from Rogers, where they give away the last handful of "main" awards and then have the performances that are mentioned in your screenshot

The awards are tomorrow at the ECC. The telecast is Monday from Rogers, where they give away the last handful of "main" awards and then have the performances that are mentioned in your screenshot
Better that those aren’t on tv. The ECC is a wall of plywood right now.

Going from a list price of $9 million to accepted offer of $4.82 million is quite a tough pill to swallow, especially if someone is putting that pill in your mouth for you

Last edited:
I hope Primavera and Ken can bounce back from this. I have a hard time believing that statement towards the end of the article stating that the Pandemic didn't really impact the restoration industry. Your anticipated income streams are literally cut off for years and we have entered a high interest environment due to poor policy making on the BoC's part. It's absolute shit-luck and not a testament to anything else.

I do believe Brighton Block will be a pillar in the community as things develop around it and time will tell of the legacy regarding this redevelopment.

I hope Primavera and Ken can bounce back from this. I have a hard time believing that statement towards the end of the article stating that the Pandemic didn't really impact the restoration industry. Your anticipated income streams are literally cut off for years and we have entered a high interest environment due to poor policy making on the BoC's part. It's absolute shit-luck and not a testament to anything else.

I do believe Brighton Block will be a pillar in the community as things develop around it and time will tell of the legacy regarding this redevelopment.
I literally had that same quote copy’d about to say the same thing. Not sure if it was somewhat taken out of context but I have no idea how someone can go out and publicly state that COVID didn’t affect restorations/heritage restorations.

Feels bad man. Brighton Block/Primavera can't catch a break. Endless construction on Jasper, AUM incompetence next door, vagrancy in the area, covid... East Jasper should be on a roll but it isn't, and Primavera lost big time.

Anyone have any insight on how Continental Treat has been doing since they took over the Hardware Grill space? Wondering if there's life to be had on that stretch or it's cursed?

Back