What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Taken 10 minutes ago.
31ACD9AB-EE2D-445A-A5B7-DD8B5A7FE9D0.jpeg

On this topic, The Mayfair seems to have stopped turning their LEDs on from what I've noticed. Does anyone know why? Was it complaints from the residents?
Yeah I haven’t seen them on in awhile.

@ChazYEG those are the WSP building’s lights, the Mayfair building on the east side of 109th used to have it’s own red LED strip lighting along the roof line and a vertical strip on the NE corner iirc

There are some wooden boards on the Jasper Ave-facing sidewalk (you can see them in one of the above pictures); I'm hoping those spaces are intended for trees, because I agree it's a bit unpleasant at the moment without some vegetation.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to plant trees soon since there's a good chance that the Jasper Ave rehab from 114 St to 124 St may undo/redo the frontage in front of the CNIB/Citizen.
The sidewalk is wide enough as it is, so I'm wondering if that will be spared from the rehab.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to plant trees soon since there's a good chance that the Jasper Ave rehab from 114 St to 124 St may undo/redo the frontage in front of the CNIB/Citizen.
The sidewalk is wide enough as it is, so I'm wondering if that will be spared from the rehab.
The front of CNIB is rather bleak and could use landscaping. With out any overhang it is rather sad looking.

Does anyone know when that is schedule?
In the interim, the east elevation could have some plantations though.

I'm sure there will be trees planted and other aspects as well. I wouldn't mind seeing cedar trees along there just to have something different. Something slim...
Evergreen trees do not do well in high pollution situations their leaves get coated and block the pours killing them. Also they don’t provide any shade

We'll, I didn't know that. That said, can you define high pollution? Is that refering to automobiles just so I know?
As per shades, that would be hard to administered as wide tree canopies wouldn't fit well into that space from what I gathered with the photos. The only way that I can see is skinny trees in abundance but spacing it closer to eachother without intruding or obstructing ground level views. I just would like to see something new.

Back