What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
If Urban means cramped like mom and pap stored then yes as both Sobeys and this are the same.
I don't want to be rude, but this is such a typical north-american-big-box mentality... As long as the store is clean, well maintained, well stocked and caters to the right public, it should be enough. I don't understand why people here think that we need to have a massive grocery store, with every single brand and option for every single different product, with endless stock of them.

This store is just fine, serves what it is intended to do, and being accessible by rail and pedways makes it very convenient not only for people downtown. I would've loved to have this store open in my first winter here, because I'd rather take the 15-20 min LRT ride to the university area than walk the 15 minutes in the dead of winter to Safeway, with minus 20, 30 degrees outside.

Best Buy is still open at 104 Ave/109 St, but I think it's staying put for the foreseeable future.

H-Mart would be ideal for MacEwan and Norquest's Asian students and staff, hence why I'd like to see them open a downtown location. They should open somewhere in the Warehouse District or maybe in the vacated Sport Chek/Atmosphere space in ECC. If in the unlikely event that Loblaws closes its doors at Connect Centre then H-Mart or T&T can always take over.

Again, Chinatown is 'right thur' for most and reasonably well used if you venture over.

I don't want to be rude, but this is such a typical north-american-big-box mentality... As long as the store is clean, well maintained, well stocked and caters to the right public, it should be enough. I don't understand why people here think that we need to have a massive grocery store, with every single brand and option for every single different product, with endless stock of them.

This store is just fine, serves what it is intended to do, and being accessible by rail and pedways makes it very convenient not only for people downtown. I would've loved to have this store open in my first winter here, because I'd rather take the 15-20 min LRT ride to the university area than walk the 15 minutes in the dead of winter to Safeway, with minus 20, 30 degrees outside.
I don't care for a supersized place, but the way that store is arranged, it is very cumbersome and turns me completely off from going there. It just has bad fung shui flow. It also doesn't have much to offer as it is almost a supersized convenient store. If I need to shop for the week, it doesn't work for the products are limited.
It might be fine for you, and I get that, but I'm not you as my life, scheduled and other factors are different.

Back