What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
^The more people that come back to the office the longer the hours.

Nobody commented on the goal light! 😂

Watched the Oilers/Leafs game at the Brewhouse last night. For a road game, it was nice to see it so busy inside the bar, however only the main floor was being used, and the upstairs was roped off. Post-game, probably 95% of guests cleared out, and they actually accidentally closed off the section I was sitting in. The waitress told us all game days are decently busy, but they are having an extremely hard time attracting crowds on non-game days. She said having no street presence was their theory why.

Watched the Oilers/Leafs game at the Brewhouse last night. For a road game, it was nice to see it so busy inside the bar, however only the main floor was being used, and the upstairs was roped off. Post-game, probably 95% of guests cleared out, and they actually accidentally closed off the section I was sitting in. The waitress told us all game days are decently busy, but they are having an extremely hard time attracting crowds on non-game days. She said having no street presence was their theory why.
I also wonder if when you position so strongly as a hockey bar, it backfires on non game days? Vs a place like campio is always packed for oilers games, but wouldn’t be seen as a hockey bar necessarily.

We also just need way more people living within 10mins. Game nights attract a wider audience, but the Monday night crowd is likely more DT locals.

I also wonder about their decision to keep the Brewhouse on 104 Ave open. Whether we like it or not, that brewhouse having a parking lot may be far more attractive to some potential patrons

I also wonder if when you position so strongly as a hockey bar, it backfires on non game days? Vs a place like campio is always packed for oilers games, but wouldn’t be seen as a hockey bar necessarily.

We also just need way more people living within 10mins. Game nights attract a wider audience, but the Monday night crowd is likely more DT locals.
We always opt for Campio or Craft when we go out. Better selection of beer and food than Brewhouse. If Brewhouse had a better selection of beer on tap, we might go there. I think they need to adjust their offerings to the area that they are in. Having the same selection of beer and food as they do as their Ellerslie location isn't doing them any favours on non-game nights.

Ya I can't say Brewhouse would be my preference Downtown either given how many other locals we have to choose from. Campio is consistently busy all the time.

I guess every place has their market, but good point, a lot of other events at Rogers and downtown other than hockey, so by playing up the hockey bar image, you might miss out say on some of the concert going crowd.

Back