What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Description: To construct INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR RENOVATIONS TO HSBC BANK PLACE REJUVENATION to an existing Professional, Financial and Office Support Services / Specialty Food Services / General Retail Stores / Health Services building, constructing perimeter walls only for tenant spaces on main and second floor.
Permit date: February 1, 2021
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Interior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Malls, Office/Retail (512)
Address: 10250 - 101 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: CCA
Value: $50,575,000.00

Description: To construct INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR RENOVATIONS TO HSBC BANK PLACE REJUVENATION to an existing Professional, Financial and Office Support Services / Specialty Food Services / General Retail Stores / Health Services building, constructing perimeter walls only for tenant spaces on main and second floor.
Permit date: February 1, 2021
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Interior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Malls, Office/Retail (512)
Address: 10250 - 101 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: CCA
Value: $50,575,000.00
$50 million for this? For 2 floors? What am I missing here?

That permit isn't for anything new, they are just closing it now that the west lobby off 103 Ave has been classified as an 'exit corridor'. The $50 million value is for the entire building renovation, as this permit was originally created for that overall work.

That permit isn't for anything new, they are just closing it now that the west lobby off 103 Ave has been classified as an 'exit corridor'. The $50 million value is for the entire building renovation, as this permit was originally created for that overall work.
yup

PERMIT_DATE September 13, 2018
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10250 - 101 STREET NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR RENOVATIONS TO HSBC BANK PLACE REJUVENATION to an existing Professional, Financial and Office Support Services / Specialty Food Services / General Retail Stores / Health Services building, constructing perimeter walls only for tenant spaces on main and second floor.
WORK_TYPE (03) Interior Alterations
FLOOR_AREA 357,996.9
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 50,575,000
ZONING CCA

I think they are trying to deal with the loitering that is a problem in the City Centre mall.
It didn't seem to be much of a problem when I was there recently and there seems to be quite a contingent of security staff, so perhaps they bolstered them..

I really hate that the knee jerk response sometimes is to close off sections of the pedway system. It is quite useful for people going to various places downtown, particularly when we have very cold weather like recently.

I also hope they will reopen the Enterprise Square section of the Pedway system between Manulife and the Bay LRT station.

FE5F541C-43F3-4291-BC78-2C5406608F16.jpeg

Back