^it is a pretty terrible overall feeling there; all of that can be done in Churchill Square and provide a much better experience.
Churchill is a great space, but it is taken over by a demographic. OEG is a private space therefore has more control and direction over a public space.
^^^^ Too far away and OEG would have no control over potential events at your proposed location.
Agreed but further to that, I'll bet that their parcels north of Rogers' will most likely be developed before this one giving this space more impetus with residents and Mac E next door. Foot traffic would be quite good. There are also residents forming east across the street right now, so if done right- even interim- I don't think it will be so bad TBH.

^it is a pretty terrible overall feeling there; all of that can be done in Churchill Square and provide a much better experience.
3 on 3 hockey and basketball need their spaces to be level and churchill square is not.

It adds a little je ne to it and much of that can be on 99th or the new flat transition between the two.

Churchill is a great space, but it is taken over by a demographic. OEG is a private space therefore has more control and direction over a public space.
Yes, it has been over run by the bureaucrats! Sadly, it is an example of caution and compromise - can't have a wading pool ... can't have too much grass ... can't have too much paved area ...

It tries to do somethings, but not quite satisfying anyone.

Yes, OEG has more control and direction over their space and the incentive for them it to make it work well with the rest of their space and so enhancing it overall.

Does anyone know why they're running a snow maker on the lot?

rjSLSpn.jpg

I saw those last night as well. Can't see why it's being used unless the ice plaza is going to do something.

Back