What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I suspect it is mostly an issue of political will. We know who funds municipal election campaigns, so many councilors are reluctant to do anything that will upset them or create perceived difficulties for them.

However, as usual without adequate regulation, it is a few that abuse things.

I think having a significant refundable deposit being required before demolition might be better than penalties. If the development proceeded within the set agreed time frames, it would go back to the company, if not it would be forfeited.

It certainly is frustrating and I have a lot of thoughts on that myself, but it just seems incredibly difficult to legislate anything like that. Just too many moving pieces to have some sort of legislation that incurs a penalty or impedes development should there be no guarantee of project construction commencing after demolition of existing structure.
agreed. so many variables.

I feel like covid had a lot to do with the decisions on this particular tower.

Also heard there has been some talk about potential sale to another developer for this one. Fingers crossed

9CFDCC59-1098-4BBD-BC09-C1AF5DB8A1E1.jpeg

Hold on... maybe they took the fence down to replace it with sidewalk hoarding for construction -- you don't know until you know. Why rant in object negativity when you don't know what is going on. It is so easy to be negative -- try being positive for a change.

Hold on... maybe they took the fence down to replace it with sidewalk hoarding for construction -- you don't know until you know. Why rant in object negativity when you don't know what is going on. It is so easy to be negative -- try being positive for a change.
Horse's mouth said otherwise this summer.

If only your optimism had the power to grant life to all the dead projects you believe are anything but works of fiction.

Back