What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I agree - somethings are better untouched. There was no need to change the colour - just the fricken windows.
I don't know, maybe they thought the gray would go better with the darker window frames and it makes some sense to paint at the same time as replacing the windows.

I do agree, the original colour or something close to it matches the character and age of the building.

I understand windows need to be replaced and things maintained or upgraded, but sometimes it is better to just leave other things alone and not try to create a strange amalgam between old and new.

In 25 years the paint can be repainted to the original hue. I don't think the sky is falling if it is just paint. If anything, it shows the building will continue to stand for years to come, which will probably secure its future permanently as it gets through its awkward years and moves to becoming an historical treasure.

Ok, so they want the old building to try to match a building to be built, around 50 years newer. I wouldn't really bother with that.

Just maintain and fix up the old building as needed and concentrate on making the new building fabulous. Focus, focus.

Back