What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I dislike this even more now. Not only does it look like a cheap imitation, but it looks like a 3/4 scale model. Having that sit in a parking lot is going to make it look like the lamest attempt at making a theme park ever.
You stole the words right outta my mouth. It looks like Disneyland's version of Holland (or is it Northwest England?). I thought the initial renderings were bad, but somehow it got even worse. Its those fake windows that just take it to a whole nother level.

It looks like a set built for a film or something. It's just... not right.
Maybe Spielberg will blow it up for a blockbuster movie extravaganza. I mean, if the Universal Studios lot catches fire every now and then, anything can happen, right?

Honestly, all that was needed was for the parking to be in the rear. Why is a demolish/rebuild too much to ask...do it right the first time, or don't do it at all. Or buy an empty parcel somewhere else in the city that better supports this design.

Last edited:
Manchester ? The rest of the tarps here should be unwrapped in a couple weeks I was told.
Manchester Square 2020-01-09 001.JPG

Lots of brick sitting on the ol' Brick site.
Manchester Square 2020-01-09 033.JPG

Some tops...
Manchester Square 2020-01-09 003.JPG Manchester Square 2020-01-09 024.JPG

Some good materials with some bad materials,
Manchester Square 2020-01-09 022.JPG Manchester Square 2020-01-09 021.JPG

Shared use path borders West side of property;
looking North
Manchester Square 2020-01-09 009.JPG
looking South
Manchester Square 2020-01-09 037.JPG

Some neighbors;
Looking East bordering 2 grave yards. They have street front retail on 120 st (you can see it in their fly-thru video)http://manchestersquare.ca/
Manchester Square 2020-01-09 039.JPG

Looking South
Manchester Square 2020-01-09 044.JPG
Looking West
Manchester Square 2020-01-09 047.JPG
Actually directly West of the project is a stand alone dental practice with a massive street side parking lot, about the same length of Manchester's. Hopefully it eventually gets developed (following another Euro theme, ha ha )
The North face of Manchester Square is a blank face, as it is abutting the massive Catholic School board warehouse, and then blocks of light industrial that divides the Queen Marry Park & Westmount neighborhoods.
Considering the large amount of parking this project holds, I hope the developer can add more green space or retail on the Ave side. They are a pretty successful/bright team, they'll figure out what they need to do. They already have some lease/pending. and their other projects are just about 100% occupied.
I wish 76 Group lots of success with this project. I think it's going to be a busy destination.

If it wasn't for the construction trailer in that last photo, I would think I'm either looking at lego or a fake picture. What does the giant blue wall face - is there a plan for it?

Back