What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Yep, last I heard the bean counters suggested Mr. developer stick to what he knows in Ontariario and don't risk capital in that topsy turvy Edmonton economy.
The risk is more on the downside which we have already had, but perhaps news travels slowly to Ontario.

I suppose yet another example of someone from Ontario misreading the local market. They may be the last to figure out things are improving here.

It's very unfortunate that this building is getting all tagged up and looking more derelict by the day.
I’m just happy it hasn’t completely burned to the ground yet.

CBCEFA3D-22E5-4379-BA47-1775A7CCC414.jpeg

The price-tag on this land must be pretty steep. I am surprised that MacEwan U. hasn't swept in and picked up the site. Following along their Arts inclination they could have announced a new Faculty of Architecture and Design and combined that endeavour with additional Student Housing and bridged 104th Avenue with a Pedway connection keeping their campus conjoined. 106th street is destined to become the new 104th street what with the WD Park, LRT expansion, and three new high-rise apartment towers planned further south. MacEwan could have had some skin in the game for the development of Central Edmonton West.

Back