I think he'll get in.

Better hope the new mayor is also "good to work with" for the liberals.
Not just the mayor, the council as a whole. I've had a good conversation recently with Adrian Bruff and he was able to at least catch my attention as a candidate. He's very supportive of LRT expansion and infill development and is eager to kick Caterina out of the council. With the loss of Ben (who sadly also didn't get his seat as an MP, we'll need more councilpeople who are supportive of transit, if we want this to work, despite the provincial government.
That said, let's not derail the topic anymore (as much as I love talking politics) .
I am of the opinion that this expansion would be even more important than the current Capital Line south one, and should've been prioritized, considering that there's absolutely NO rail transit in the NW corner, while the south side of the city is already relatively well served (especially with the imminent opening of the Valley Line). It cuts through one of the areas with the most available land for development inside the Anthony Henday (even for single family housing, as much as I despise wasting space with it, it seems to be what North America loves... go figure), and having this line build could probably spur such development, having the transit in mind, instead of playing catch up with the south side, especially outside of the ring road (same goes for the Capital Line NW expansion to Gorman). The effects could be immensely positive, for everyone: you get more, new single family housing (EW!!), closer to transit, closer to downtown (reducing commuting times and increasing the overall density of the city).

NAIT station
5E72D2E2-7246-4F81-9F59-D51C65EFC677.jpeg

How can you tell which one is that Nait one? Lol. Btw, how long before this segment is finished before we start hearing “the train to nowhere!”
Last picture is the Nait stop.
I agree it would make sense to open the permanent Nait stop ASAP since the Blatchford North stop will only be serving the coyote dens for a while I imagine.

I wonder if NAIT or any developer has short term, near future plans for any buildings near the NAIT station?
Here's a sketch of the NAIT Station Plaza from this Campus Development Plan. It won't be exact since they didn't get the hanger.
Screenshot_20211118-141550_Drive.jpg

Here's a map of roughly what their campus will look like after the expansion, taken from this article.
Blatchford-expansion-map-450.jpg

Interestingly, this page states that the deal closes in January 2024. So until then, I'm guessing no work will begin on the residences they wanted to start off with?

you know how it works, if the province gives to NAIT….they gotta reciprocate to SAIT….so unless they have enough to fund both schools at the same time….we sit back and wait

Back