Last week, council voted for administration to prepare a plan for this coming budget that outlines how the city can procure all the properties along the ROW up to Castle Downs. The thought is that it'll be easier to secure provincial and federal funding for the extension if the properties are already acquired.

I think the Metro Line frequencies are every 12 minutes now.
You're right, Monday-Saturday all day: https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/route-schedules-and-maps

Although Capital Line has gone from 5 minutes during peak to 6 minutes, with 12 minute frequency during the day and evening and Saturday, down from 10 minutes during the day and on Saturday, but up from 15 minute frequency in the evening.

I don't know if this was ever answered but why is it going to take until 24-25 for 2 stations and a short track to open up? How complex can this actually be?
I've been wondering that myself - especially since they are planning to start laying the tracks this year and the station platforms seem well on their way

Not only the timeline is long, but isn't this a billion dollar project as well? More must be happening that just 1km of line and platforms for that kind of money.

I know the intention is to phase it but sure would be nice to get it done to that St. Albert Trail park and ride in one shot.

As for the property acquisitions that is a nice first step. I doubt there will be a ton of properties that will be needed.
That would be a dream scenario. They've been planning for an LRT line to St. Albert for years. However, nothing concrete has been laid out yet.

St Albert is budgeting to do some line upgrades along St Albert Trail for the future LRT line. The north end work they are doing right now has a few extra million added for that.

When the sound wall was replaced, the idea was to set it back a few more meters so that the LRT alignment could be accommodated. So most homes that back the trail lost their extra 2 meters of space.

I don't know if this was ever answered but why is it going to take until 24-25 for 2 stations and a short track to open up? How complex can this actually be?

I'm pretty sure that they could've done the project faster, however they're probably taking their time due to the fact that, at the moment, these stations would be in the middle of nowhere and they're giving it a few more years so a few Blatchford and even NAIT projects can get off the ground closer to the alignment.

NAIT Station, seen from Blatchford
20220426_171423.jpg

Blatchford Gates Station, seen from Blatchford
20220426_171307.jpg

Back