What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Abandoned Alberta sounds like something I'd love to see! I find the buildings, structures, and things left behind by humans long ago quite interesting.

FEpvkUkXsA4u0Zu

Living between Vancouver and Edmonton now, considering the lifestyle I have, I can certainly say that we value way too little how impressive Edmonton's cultural apparatus is, across the board.
RAM is probably not only the largest, but the best and most comprehensive museum in Western Canada.
There’s a lot of things I miss about that Prairie city. Edmonton has major issues to work on, but it’s also got alot of positive qualities to being a fun and livable place.

Climate is a moot point in my opinion. Everywhere in Canada has some form of crappy weather for parts of the year, and I’d honestly prefer a week of ice box weather over an entire winter of perpetual grey skies and humidity that chills you to your core.

There’s a lot of things I miss about that Prairie city. Edmonton has major issues to work on, but it’s also got alot of positive qualities to being a fun and livable place.

Climate is a moot point in my opinion. Everywhere in Canada has some form of crappy weather for parts of the year, and I’d honestly prefer a week of ice box weather over an entire winter of perpetual grey skies and humidity that chills you to your core.
Vancouver weather can chill one's very soul.

But back to the point, it is surprising how many museums, art galleries, music halls we have, and that a lot of people don't know about their existence or their quality and how well equipped and used they are. The RAM is likely the best example, but the AGA is also amazing, so are the private art galleries (that are plentiful in Edmonton).

The only thing I believe Edmonton lacks A LOT in this department is street art. We have very few outdoor public art.

That said, I've made a habit of going to an art gallery or a museum at least once a week, and the RAM has been my favorite so far.

Vancouver weather can chill one's very soul.

But back to the point, it is surprising how many museums, art galleries, music halls we have, and that a lot of people don't know about their existence or their quality and how well equipped and used they are. The RAM is likely the best example, but the AGA is also amazing, so are the private art galleries (that are plentiful in Edmonton).

The only thing I believe Edmonton lacks A LOT in this department is street art. We have very few outdoor public art.

That said, I've made a habit of going to an art gallery or a museum at least once a week, and the RAM has been my favorite so far.
The Quarters has a tonne of street art that surprised me awhile back when I went for a walk down there! Worth a check when you get back into town man.

The Quarters has a tonne of street art that surprised me awhile back when I went for a walk down there! Worth a check when you get back into town man.
Will do. I'll be in Edmonton for all of February, since we're moving our offices in Vancouver, we're all working from home, I'll make sure to check it out. Thanks for the tip :)

I would love to see more of it in especially in Oliver and Garneau, too. And downtown... If it were up to me, any public space in DT would have a piece of public art.

Do you know what would be neat? I'm sure that the RAM and AGA have art that could be displayed outdoors and exposed to the elements... It'd be super cool if they could rotate some of these throughout the city, in various public spaces, for a few days each month.
I bet it would also help garner interest for the both places and beautify the city all at once :)

Will do. I'll be in Edmonton for all of February, since we're moving our offices in Vancouver, we're all working from home, I'll make sure to check it out. Thanks for the tip :)

I would love to see more of it in especially in Oliver and Garneau, too. And downtown... If it were up to me, any public space in DT would have a piece of public art.

Do you know what would be neat? I'm sure that the RAM and AGA have art that could be displayed outdoors and exposed to the elements... It'd be super cool if they could rotate some of these throughout the city, in various public spaces, for a few days each month.
I bet it would also help garner interest for the both places and beautify the city all at once :)

Lots of stuff like this man.
6FDD514C-010E-4685-AA3F-8D09971302D8.jpeg

Back