^
I suppose… and maybe AHS could rent a bunch of decrepit hotel rooms on the south side through some private care providers for those patients to convalesce in when they get discharged. :(

What is the problem? People on the south side can always drive down to Red Deer for their medical needs it is not that far.

This seemed liked a joke but that is exactly what Simth said on Saturday.

From the Calgary Herald's Don Braid"

"Most breathtaking is the UCP decision to “pause” a hospital long planned for south Edmonton.

On the radio Saturday, Smith questioned the cost of new full-service hospitals — and then promised just such a facility for Red Deer, home of Health Minister Adriana LaGrange.

The UCP lost every Edmonton city riding to the NDP. Red Deer is reliably UCP.

The middle-finger image is crude but inescapable.

Red Deer is a growing city,” the premier said.

“They absolutely do need to have a full-service hospital in central Alberta . . . and perhaps that will also help to support some of the south Edmonton residents as well.”

Red Deer is more than an hour’s high-speed drive from south Edmonton. The suggestion that Edmontonians could race there for care is absurd, says Braid.

Good to see a Calgary columnist call this out.

"Most breathtaking is the UCP decision to “pause” a hospital long planned for south Edmonton.

On the radio Saturday, Smith questioned the cost of new full-service hospitals — and then promised just such a facility for Red Deer, home of Health Minister Adriana LaGrange.

“They absolutely do need to have a full-service hospital in central Alberta . . . and perhaps that will also help to support some of the south Edmonton residents as well.”

Red Deer is more than an hour’s high-speed drive from south Edmonton. The suggestion that Edmontonians could race there for care is absurd, says Braid.

Love how- Braid is anti-UCP, but where is the EDM media in all of this? We need Braid to bring this insane woman to light?

“People from South side of Edmonton can drive to Red Deer to use their hospital?” Seriously wtf?! That c@@t face be-atch of a pos leader! Where is Sohi through all of this? She said this at a Leaders conference right here in EDM? She wasn’t quartered and hung?

“People from South side of Edmonton can drive to Red Deer to use their hospital?” Seriously wtf?! That c@@t face be-atch of a pos leader! Where is Sohi through all of this? She said this at a Leaders conference right here in EDM? She wasn’t quartered and hung?

No she said that on her Saturday call in radio show.

Speaking of Edmonton media, I was really disappointed with Ryan Jespersen when he had her on his show last week. He said the day before he would go deeper than other journalists and ask the questions other reporters wouldn't.

Let's just say I didn't notice any difference and she wasn't challenged on any of the issues we're talking about or that Braid highlighted in terms of favoritism. It was a soft interview.

Last edited:
Well someone from here NEEDs to send her excerpt to local media! Imagine tomorrow on Global, CTV and CBC when they play her saying that?

This has to be a joke at this point. A City of close to over a million and she's telling those of us on the southside that Red Deer is an option.

She defines the use of the word idiot.

Well someone from here NEEDs to send her excerpt to local media! Imagine tomorrow on Global, CTV and CBC when they play her saying that?

I saw Edmonton Journal columnist/reporter Keith Gerein's twitter account yesterday. He highlighted the part of Braid's column about favoritism for Red Deer but he didn't highlight or acknowledge the appalling comment that Southside residents can maybe go to Red Deer.

Its pretty bad when even a long time Calgary columnist brings up favoritism. But Smith has always been very tone deaf and ignorant about Edmonton issues.

I recall years ago when she led her previous party her stupid comments about the downtown airport and the arena here cost her support just at a time when she could have gained support here.

She is the Premier for the whole province and should not be so small minded and petty, but I think that's just who she is.

Its pretty bad when even a long time Calgary columnist brings up favoritism. But Smith has always been very tone deaf and ignorant about Edmonton issues.

I recall years ago when she led her previous party her stupid comments about the downtown airport and the arena here cost her support just at a time when she could have gained support here.

She is the Premier for the whole province and should not be so small minded and petty, but I think that's just who she is.
She also campaigned against building the new museum

Back