What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Sounds like the chatter is that this is going to be condos now and that Tower B might be deferred for a while. I suppose they can at least build Tower B in the future if that is the case since they did pour the slab for it. Seems like it will lessen the entire desired outcome of this district though, in terms of overall population in the immediate vicinity, if that is the case.

@westcoastjos Saw the same rumour, but the source doesn't really give me any reason to think they actually have access to authoritative info like that. Not saying it's not true, but don't know them well enough to give it credence, and have no corroborating info.
Yeah, that was my thought on it as well. I feel like ONE would be shooting themselves in the foot by canceling/deferring a tower too much and it wouldn't bode well for confidence from lenders, etc for their future plans, either. However, it wouldn't be the first project to be deferred with only a podium built. Look at the 2nd Brookfield tower planned in Calgary or even the WTC 2 site in NYC, both which have hit road blocks.

Also, looks like the cranes should get another boost late this week or early next week as they've run out of room.

Apr. 28 - some copper-coloured cladding going up on the south podium face. Tower now about 18s up.

P4280635.jpg

P4280666.jpg

P4280668.jpg

P4280669.jpg

Attachments

• P4280635.jpg
    P4280635.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 523
  • P4280666.jpg
    P4280666.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 593
  • P4280668.jpg
    P4280668.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 479
  • P4280669.jpg
    P4280669.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 524
Looks like they went with the first paneling they put in their renders or at least something similar to the early. Personally, I prefer the later, thinner wooden look, but to each their own.

Early render:
IceDistrictRogersPlaceRenderings1200-28.jpg

Later render:
IceDistrictRogersPlaceRenderings1200-29.jpg

Attachments

• IceDistrictRogersPlaceRenderings1200-28.jpg
    IceDistrictRogersPlaceRenderings1200-28.jpg
    965 KB · Views: 454
  • IceDistrictRogersPlaceRenderings1200-29.jpg
    IceDistrictRogersPlaceRenderings1200-29.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 512
Someone with more knowledge than me explained the difference on the thread on C2E. They knew the difference between the types of paneling and material. One gives a wood look, while the other is definitely a more synthetic look. The wood look also has colour variation between the panels, whereas the one they went with is uniform. I like the broken up look that includes some variation.

Still 8 or so floors to go before this one switches to residential portion. The office portion should be roughly the height of Bell Tower when it switches over I think.

Not gonna lie, I do not understand what possibly could have motivated them to use copper cladding lol. Even in the renderings it looks dated on day one.

Back