What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@thommyjo I don't disagree, but the idea of a walkable 104 Ave was not a consideration when this was planned and built.

That said, if/when that might turn around, and if the tenant(s) of the day wanted to, it would not be difficult to put in more doors at the ground level.

Am I the only one that really dislikes this project? I guess it was a good use of a weird plot of land. But I find the interaction with the street to be cold and hostile. Doesn't seem to add to what could be a very walkable a beautiful strip of 104 connecting macewan and ice district.
Not sure why you dislike this project. I think it's a very creative way of redeveloping a small parcel of land. Its simple design will prove to be timeless. The clear glazing allows the interior activity(ies) to be visible from the exterior. The only issue I have is the lack of access along 104 Avenue but that can be easily added should the main floor space be demised. From a 'developers' perspective this building isn't cheap and the overall yield was likely tight, particularly when you factor in the associated risks.

Am I the only one that really dislikes this project? I guess it was a good use of a weird plot of land. But I find the interaction with the street to be cold and hostile. Doesn't seem to add to what could be a very walkable a beautiful strip of 104 connecting macewan and ice district.
Quite possibly.

4ABB462E-DA07-47E7-A108-1FED56B1117C.jpeg

It's such a damn cool building. Every time I drive by I can't help but stare a little.

There is a custom wedding dress designer on half of the main floor now with a very nice custom metal spiral staircase to the mezzanine. I've been told the owner moved back to Edmonton to open this shop, hop she does well.
I haven't been inside, but you can see that stair case as you go by. It looks quite impressive.

Still kinda wish the top two floors were completed (originally planned) as a couple of amazing two-storey lofts.

^ And here it is. Glass Cafe. They take up at least half of the main floor with a spiral staircase to a mezzanine level. I had a refreshing and tasty blackberry soda. I hope they do well. Will definitely be back.

20230816_133742.jpg
20230816_133404.jpg

20230816_133556.jpg
20230816_133231.jpg

Attachments

• 20230816_133556.jpg
    20230816_133556.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 29

Back