What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am hearing from more people around the industry that this project will be canceled. The shoring permit will expire soon so the ownership group has to start building (Unlikely) or fill the hole back in fairly quickly.
Wow. Gotta feel bad for investors in this project.

Wonder what went so wrong. This product was the perfect fit for that corner.

Reactions: God
This is a City of Edmonton post from Jan 2022:

I am not at all saying there is a direct correlation between the city and this project going sideways, but very interesting seeing the city role Open Sky out as the star child of their easy-to-do-business-with-relationship-building, yet this is the project that failed to get off the ground. Again, not saying there is a correlation but also not a great look when you speak of the success of a relationship of a development that ends up failing.

Unfortunate for the area and the downtown vacant lot collection nonetheless.

Wonder what went so wrong. This product was the perfect fit for that corner.
Yeah no kidding. This one looked like a home run. At least once the dust settles it should be an attractive site for another developer to snag and get rolling on.

Was the last minute height increase something the developer thought was necessary to make the project pencil?

This project should've been a slam dunk. If true, I'm guessing the developer burned too many bridges with GCs with the height increase. I walk by the site often and hope it's filled quickly.

That is too bad its getting cancelled. I walked by it this afternoon going to Culina 2 Go and saw a scaffolding ladder and assumed they were starting back up on construction.

Back