What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This from today's news in the Edmonton Journal:

"Apartment condominiums saw the fastest pace of sales increases, growing by 27 per cent, year over year. In turn, the average price reached about $237,000 in April. That’s up about three per cent from the same month last year."

There is inventory to work through, but increasing interest rates will shift demand to back to condominiums. It is already more pronounced happening in other Canadian cities, but the same trend is starting here.

Year over year is a bit of a grain of salt right now... but good to see.

Sorry I didn’t get way more photos. I should have. Visited their show suites last week. Seems like only a handful of units are left!

Beautiful views in all directions. Pesky parkade on the north side wrecks views for a few floors sadly. Sales guy claimed it might become a green space one day. Idk if any truth or just sales jargon haha.

Units were really nice. Top floor amenities will be awesome.
CDDDEF99-62BF-41CD-9BA1-E542C5CFF0E6.jpeg
D2F57353-C6D2-44AF-9E44-18E7F334216B.jpeg
854257BC-40CE-460C-BE4B-71B261BCCB91.jpeg
2D430661-C045-4312-8E83-87CC533DAF70.jpeg

I believe they were refurbishing it or did a few years ago now.

No green space hahaha.

Lol that parkade will never become a green space.

AHS had plans to refurbish it last I heard. If it's ever demolished, it will likely be sold as a multi-family development site
That would be real surprising IMO. There isn’t much going on at the General besides hospice and dialysis and I can’t see there being any expanded programming going to happen there given the age of the facility. There’s ample parking out front and I’ve never seen that parkade more than 1/3 full. I’d say there’s a better business case for tearing it down and just paving it flat.

That would be real surprising IMO. There isn’t much going on at the General besides hospice and dialysis and I can’t see there being any expanded programming going to happen there given the age of the facility. There’s ample parking out front and I’ve never seen that parkade more than 1/3 full. I’d say there’s a better business case for tearing it down and just paving it flat turning it into a residential highrise and a park.

Fixed that for you! ;)

That would be real surprising IMO. There isn’t much going on at the General besides hospice and dialysis and I can’t see there being any expanded programming going to happen there given the age of the facility. There’s ample parking out front and I’ve never seen that parkade more than 1/3 full. I’d say there’s a better business case for tearing it down and just paving it flat.
As someone who recalls when the General was a full scale hospital, I get why they built the parkade in the 1970's I think. However, the level of activity has diminished a lot since, it doesn't make sense now.

I suspect it is just inertia and the cost of tearing it down that is keeping it around. It must be mostly surplus to the facilities needs at this time, but on the same note there probably is no compelling reason to them for get rid of it now either.

For those that may not recall, this tower had a significant amount of opposition due to its 'size, height and potential vehicular traffic generation in an 'already congested' alley'.

Now that it's built and once it gets occupied, I wish there was an exit interview of sorts; for me this is nearly the ideal size, floor plate, composition and look for any new tower in the surrounding area.

For those that may not recall, this tower had a significant amount of opposition due to its 'size, height and potential vehicular traffic generation in an 'already congested' alley'.

Now that it's built and once it gets occupied, I wish there was an exit interview of sorts; for me this is nearly the ideal size, floor plate, composition and look for any new tower in the surrounding area.
The lack out accountability to people who throw out crazy claims about traffic is frustrating. 0 factual basis often. Get all emotional and can cause project delays. Rarely materialize to anything close to their concerns.

This particular building is right next to a fairly sizeable parkade (albeit an underutilized one), so if there were concerns about traffic here that seems a bit odd.

However people do not take a breath and think, sometimes they react on an emotional level, not a logical one and let their imaginations get carried away.

In particular, with projects like this in older more walkable areas, yes there may be more cars, but the residents are really not all going to be driving around 24/7.

Back