Avenuer

Member Bio
Reaction score
I hope you like clocks!

DP101 (3).png
DP101 (2).png
DP101 (1).png
DP101.png

Well, its unique in the sense it'll have a big clock tower included...aside from that, looks like The Louvre with different looking retail spaces.

I remember sneaking around the map function here and saw something different. Wasn't this supposed to be a few mid rise towers? Or am I completely forgetting and misremembering which project is which?

I'm ok with clocks. It doesn't hurt to know what time it is. The style of the building seems a bit unexpected for the area, but given we have torn down so many of our historical buildings maybe its not a bad thing to build something new in an older style.

Manchester Square seems to have caught on, this could also appeal to those who want something different from the somewhat grey bland current popular style. A little variety is good.

If they follow through here with brickwork or faux brick cladding system, it might be a decent building. I wouldn't be surprised if they switch to stucco or aluminum panels last minute though

Interior courtyard parking is quite common across the Atlantic and a MUCH better way to provide parking than setting the building back from the street and putting it out front.
It isn’t in Le Louvre so I doubt that will happen here

Is it related to this? Different architect and renderings, but same name. Is it at least the same property? I also found the application below, which might be related.

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 438339578-002
Description:To construct a Mixed Use building consisting of 386 dwelling Multi-unit Housing, General Retail Stores and a Restaurant on the main floor, and underground Parking Garage
Plan 1821277 Blk 32 Lot 17
Applicant:GARDNER ARCHITECTURE INCORPORATED
Create Date:2022/06/24
Neighbourhood:ERMINESKIN
Approval Date:2022/08/22
Class Of Permit:Class B

It was cancelled because Procura wants the building redesigned to make it more economical, so a new DP will be submitted once the redesign is complete.

Back