What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Not everyone wants a "square" or large space. I prefer active streets like you find in Amsterdam, Paris. Churchill Square will NEVER be a meeting place to hang out - there is bugger all there. If it was ringed with small little cafes year round with seating at each and solar heaters and all different and interesting ... sure it would be fun and busy. As is its very limited and it is event space only and rife with problems that demand police monitor it at great cost 24/7.
Ditto!
I'd add that a pedestrian only street, lined with small cafes, restaurants and retail would be used (and useful) year-round and that we're not debating just summer programming, but rather an asset for the city.

I wonder how many more parking spaces are really needed at Tower 101. I'm guessing if the parkade is added on the east end of the tower, that will mean more cars going through Rice Howard Way. We need space for loading trucks and emergency vehicles, but I wonder if Scotia Place,, Enbridge, Commerce Place, and other nearby locations, especially after 5:00 pm.

We have the population, lack the density and seem to regularly question our desire for anything urban, walkable and not WEM.

When we deserve it, it will present itself. Until then, be happy with a pretty decent reincarnation.

Again, I would disagree.

Those spots are coveted and help make the area more accessible for folks unfamiliar with the Downtown, parking and the like.

When we deserve it, it will present itself. Until then, be happy with a pretty decent reincarnation.

Haha oh man Ian you crack me up sometimes. When we deserve it? As in, when we stop putting cars ahead of everything else? Or when people stop saying things like 'we need more density' (even in the most dense part of the city) as an excuse to kick the can down the road? You have to stop speaking out of both sides of your mouth, like when you say 'we seem to regularly question our desire for anything urban, walkable and not WEM' and then in the next sentence you do that exact thing. I give up as well.

“good enough for edmonton”.

the most edmonton thing you can do (or say).

“when we deserve it, it will present itself “??

is there any statement or position you’ve ever made that you won’t die defending long after its indefensible?

opportunity presents itself all the time.

There is a parkade at RHW, if the area became pedestrian-only there would be no access to the parkade. Can the city do that to a structure, essentially bringing the value of that building to $0?

Back