What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Hotel + apartment (where the office portion was to have been) + condo maybe?

Mind you, that sort of development and operation is complex and usually for more sophisticated developers.

The problem with this now is that it has been rezoned to higher value making it less desirable as a priority.

I wished, going forwarding that any approved rezoning to a stie is only applicable to the specific project proposed at hand. If the project fails to fruition, the rezoning is annulled...
Furthermore, the city should require an environmental clean up deposit of X amount for events such as this. Ensure it rises with construction inflation....

Hotel + apartment (where the office portion was to have been) + condo maybe?

Mind you, that sort of development and operation is complex and usually for more sophisticated developers.
Didn't we projected this concept on C2E already? I even mentioned stage construction if height was of importance to this location.
At present condition, is another hotel warranted? Condo/rental would be good, but what is the target audience as I can't see another luxury tower coming ? The fact this is a primo location under a weak company, I can't see them carry this through, so who is the viable candidate? Perhaps two strong local developers collaborate? If so, who are the two or possibly more?

I want something there asap but I also don’t really want this tower tbh… this spot is such a good opportunity for a really cool, iconic tower. I doubt we’d get that from Regency and/or DER. Maybe something by humphreys and sons?? Idk but wasting it with something unremarkable would be really unfortunate.

I'd say this is mostly there from a design perspective and if it has a well lit peak, I'd take this as is.
Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 7.22.28 AM.png

If Tower 101 will be value-engineered to the same atrocity as the Holyrood tower then I'll pass, thanks. I want Regency to flip this land (plus the Emerald) to reputable developers who can build highrise towers with more creativity, inspiration and imagination.

My take and what I have heard. Regency is actively looking for investors to partner with them on this project as they realize it is too much project for them alone but want to be part of it.

Also demo happen pre maturely due to the LRT construction and IF they did happen to find investors there wouldn't be demo issues. However that does not excuse leaving it in shambles. It could be up kept better.

I don't for see Regency out right selling this property but I don't think it will go without investors

My take and what I have heard. Regency is actively looking for investors to partner with them on this project as they realize it is too much project for them alone but want to be part of it.

Also demo happen pre maturely due to the LRT construction and IF they did happen to find investors there wouldn't be demo issues. However that does not excuse leaving it in shambles. It could be up kept better.

I don't for see Regency out right selling this property but I don't think it will go without investors
If they do get a partner, hopefully it is the adult supervision needed and they are relegated to the junior role they deserve for blowing it on this particularly high profile site and other recent projects.

Too many excuses for this company, it is not just this project where they have failed to properly plan.

Back