What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
There is an architectural balustrade a pieces somewhere, but most otherwise gone.

I can't see Regency being capable of executing that, so, for the sake of not destroying our city, I would do a simple clean podium in the configuration of the former structure but apply modern clear glass curtain walls. To pay homage to Tegler, apply rolling curtains for the windows where the antiquated Tegler is printed onto the rolling curtains. When all the blinds are pull down, you'll see each respective sides from where you are standing. It can be the affects of full original color, but I think it would be more dramatic if it is black and white. Then put tower on top.

I don't see Regecy being capable of much either. I feel they are like a dog in a manger here just delaying or preventing something better from happening.

However, I don't want just another DREAM sign that many people are oblivious to and most of the rest don't care.

The old Regency bait and switch. Don't expect them to come through with anything.

I remember them advertising a draw for a C-Class Mercedes if you bought a unit at the Quest back in the day. The draw never happened.
You didnt read the fine print properly: "You could win a C-Class Mercedes***"

***if we were to do a draw

Regency is looking for a hotel to partner with on this tower.

They had a tentative deal with the Marriott but the Marriott backed out and went to the ice district. Since then they have not been able to find a partner.

Without a partner this tower won't go

Regency is looking for a hotel to partner with on this tower.

They had a tentative deal with the Marriott but the Marriott backed out and went to the ice district. Since then they have not been able to find a partner.

Without a partner this tower won't go
Is someone like Alt not an ideal partner for this?

Was it them or another hotel chain that wanted to build on 104 St a few years ago? Loved that proposal.

So if 5 more years then, given the lengthy time this has already been sitting around, would that make it about 10 years in total?

Not great for a premier location in a major city in supposedly the most prosperous province in Canada.

As much as I have contempt for Regency about leaving yet another empty lot or pit in the middle of downtown where a perfectly fine building once stood, this particular project was hit with a ton of bad luck.

The demolition and pre-construction all occurred before the Valley Line started construction at 102nd ave, they were given the option to either demolish the building and then wait for the VL to finish to start construction, or to wait to do both. They opted to demolish the BMO Building before, showing that at this point they were committed to this project. Then the VL was delayed several years, and then what was probably the nail in the coffin for Tower 101 was COVID.

I still question why they didn't return to this project, surely they aren't going to make back anything (in fact they will most likely lose a lot) from selling this empty lot. Even if the land is more valuable than what the BMO building was when it was demolished (which I highly doubt in Edmonton). It seems like very poor asset management to me, though I am no developer.

Back