What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Looking forward to this 50 story tower. Hopefully it's not another flat top. Wouldn't it be nice if Edmonton's skyline could finally add a tower that identifies Edmonton to the world? One with an identifiable crowned peak, lit with LED as well. These flat top high rises/ scrapers that have come up are okay designs, but Edmonton needs something that sets the city apart. With the excitement around these 60 plus story towers, it's time to define Edmonton with a building that when viewed from anywhere in the world people will immediately recognize it as Edmonton.

@Freedm, @YEGlove, think Alldritt's/Dub tower, there might still be hope for this tower even with the redesign to be that signature stand-out tower. I trust Dub to deliver. @archited , tap your keyboard three times if I'm right, lol.
Regardless, the BMO redevelopment is in such a commanding location that I hope it's not boring and maintains good height. I'm not sure how much faith I have in Regency to deliver as of yet.

Looking forward to this 50 story tower. Hopefully it's not another flat top. Wouldn't it be nice if Edmonton's skyline could finally add a tower that identifies Edmonton to the world? One with an identifiable crowned peak, lit with LED as well. These flat top high rises/ scrapers that have come up are okay designs, but Edmonton needs something that sets the city apart. With the excitement around these 60 plus story towers, it's time to define Edmonton with a building that when viewed from anywhere in the world people will immediately recognize it as Edmonton.
With the light package that’ll be the Stantec Tower. But yeah, more diversity will never be unwelcome.

With the light package that’ll be the Stantec Tower. But yeah, more diversity will never be unwelcome.

By the way, just looking at the title of this thread here which says 50s, my understanding is that the plan calls for a 50 storey residential on top of a 12 storey hotel, for a total of 62. I don't think 50 storeys would reach a height of 175 m. Does the title need to be updated?

Just counted the render to make sure. After Der's presentation, we can't be sure!

I imagine the podium and the top of the tower have some extra height. Looking at the top, there is definitely a hat or protrusion from the top that makes it taller. I bet they will go for higher ceiling heights too.

They're putting up some dust screens...wonder what it means?

20191030_150242.jpg

Since demolition, I'm struck by the lack of presence at this corner whenever I pass through the financial district. The BMO building was short, but it had a huge footprint which helped to make this Edmonton's most prominent street corner. Alas, a slender tower will not have the same impact, although it will be a welcome addition to the skyline.

Back