It's looking pretty good, but these last few months are painful with fencing still up and it not serving folks.
The painful parts are what I also see on the southside where parts of the project have remained 75 to 90% completed for months on end. Some of those sites are now being looked at but then some have no sight of anyone doing anything anytime soon.

Disappointing. They've been making rapid progress on the path during the last few months, I thought for sure it could be ready for September.
At minimum, I was really hoping at least the small trail between Louise McKinney Park and Riverdale would re-open soon, but it seems like nobody is going through the site at all until every bit of landscaping is finished.

Connors Hill testing:
Bored, had today off, so i went down there and took a video.
This was pretty rushed; the trains come down the hill, the drivers swap ends, and the train turns around and they fly back up the hill. (i'm making excuses for not being prepared to film it on the way up lol) anyways, the trains seem to make a bit more noise on the hill than they were making in Mill Woods, but i think they were actually going faster than the last time i saw them(?) i'd hazard a guess that they were doing 40km/h up the hill. I'm interested to know if this is the actual speed they'll be doing, or if they are keeping speed down for testing. there are derails at the bottom of the curve (which must be nerve-wracking for the drivers) and the top of the hill had a lot of stuff going on too.

Bored, had today off, so i went down there and took a video.
This was pretty rushed; the trains come down the hill, the drivers swap ends, and the train turns around and they fly back up the hill. (i'm making excuses for not being prepared to film it on the way up lol) anyways, the trains seem to make a bit more noise on the hill than they were making in Mill Woods, but i think they were actually going faster than the last time i saw them(?) i'd hazard a guess that they were doing 40km/h up the hill. I'm interested to know if this is the actual speed they'll be doing, or if they are keeping speed down for testing. there are derails at the bottom of the curve (which must be nerve-wracking for the drivers) and the top of the hill had a lot of stuff going on too.
I vaguely remember seeing a speed document that says that the trains will do 80 in the River Valley.

Back