I predict that the Muttart stop would probably be the least used station since there isn't much around the area besides the conservatory, a small park and a small residential community. These are places only ppl would go to the most on weekends, but this could change in the future.

I predict that the Muttart stop would probably be the least used station since there isn't much around the area besides the conservatory, a small park and a small residential community. These are places only ppl would go to the most on weekends, but this could change in the future.
certainly will be one of the quieter overall but I also think Quarters stop could be pretty quiet (maybe even the least busy) at least for the first while.

If they ever de-spaghetti that interchange there by the Muttart, I'd love to see them open up some of the land to apartments, I feel like it'd be a desirable place with good views if you build up a few stories, and now with great transit access too

If they ever de-spaghetti that interchange there by the Muttart, I'd love to see them open up some of the land to apartments, I feel like it'd be a desirable place with good views if you build up a few stories, and now with great transit access too
It kills me how they shelved the Mill Creek Daylighting, since it included fixing that mess of an interchange. I hope it comes back up in the near future.

Correct, they have the Cloverdale On Demand, which is already one of the lowest utilized On Demand zones.
None of the Valley Villages are viable transit zones due to their small population and shall we say... niche economics... Aka "no poors allowed" has been the vibe of the valley since the 1970's with the exception of the Sundance Housing Co-op which is now stronger and more viable than ever... At least according to that Passive Haus Renovation scheme they were working on last time I checked in on the commune...

I wonder if there are still supply chain or personnel shortages.
Do fish swim or Irish drink? What isn't these days? I can't even find my favourite kosher pickles anywhere, FFS! What hope do we have for completing a multi-billion dollar transit project.. It might be easier to hook horses up to the trains to pull them along ye olde Edmonton style... And frankly cleaner too! All that free horse shit could surely power most of Edmonton... And the rest? Find it at City Hall or the ledge... Just a thought! ;-)

None of the Valley Villages are viable transit zones due to their small population and shall we say... niche economics... Aka "no poors allowed" has been the vibe of the valley since the 1970's with the exception of the Sundance Housing Co-op which is now stronger and more viable than ever... At least according to that Passive Haus Renovation scheme they were working on last time I checked in on the commune...
They are somewhat upscale areas, so yes I suspect a lot of people there do drive. Of course the location is a factor too. It is close enough to central areas that many people can also walk shorter distances instead of using transit.

I mean when you consider say a 15 minute walk vs. a 5 to 10 minute wait for a bus (at best) and then a 5 to 10 minute bus ride, it is about the same. The former doesn't cost anything and is even more environmentally friendly.

Looks like testing at Bonnie Doon today. At 83 Street and Whyte there were 6-7 flaggers on each corner. As someone that used to flag in younger days, seems excessive to have that many people.

Back