such a confidence inspiring image in this morning’s paper...
IMG_7324.png

Last edited:
While taking the bus on Thursday, I saw some repairs being done to the pillars at the 98th Ave crossing.

Screen Shot 2023-05-06 at 11.26.24 AM.png

It's likely to be good to go before the new school year. Looking forward to anything other than late August might be a painful couple months of optimism.
Lol. At this point, I am just thinking it will open when it opens. We bought our place in Bonnie Doon almost five years ago, thinking it would open in 2020. The glass isn't even half empty anymore; it is shattered on the floor. With the state of security on the LRT, we will likely continue to drive to work rather than adjust our commuting habits if and when it does open. Crazy to think that I used to bus to the U of A, transfer to the train to Bay/Enterprise, and then walk to work both ways. The time saved by driving is enough for me.

Lol. At this point, I am just thinking it will open when it opens. We bought our place in Bonnie Doon almost five years ago, thinking it would open in 2020. The glass isn't even half empty anymore; it is shattered on the floor. With the state of security on the LRT, we will likely continue to drive to work rather than adjust our commuting habits if and when it does open. Crazy to think that I used to bus to the U of A, transfer to the train to Bay/Enterprise, and then walk to work both ways. The time saved by driving is enough for me.

Are there any ways the city can try to slow down your car commute or make it more expensive that you would reconsider? 😁

That's the thing. The way I look at it, if public transportation is fast, comfortable, convenient and affordable, I would much rather use that than drive myself around everywhere. If a good system is built that is the only incentive that would ever be needed to move commuters from personal vehicles to public vehicles.

Back