IMG_2345.jpeg

^ I drove around lunchtime, so I missed the rush hour traffic. It must be tough driving around rush hour.
It's not nearly as bad as one would expect. The segment west of 178 St is a little bad, but nothing unmanageable, even during rush hours.
The worst segment of construction, traffic-wise, is Stony Plain Rd (the whole thing). It's one massive bottleneck, and I wish more people would start using 107 and 111 Avenues for east-west commutes, as it is significantly faster, now.

It could be possible that the LRT could be operational in September (without the 73), with some work on the cables (south of Whitemud) in September-October. That could push the completion date to November 1.

Re: 73 speculation. The 73 exists as is for the Fall board period, but, 73 shifts are not a part of the main sign up. Rather, 73 shifts are being signed during what are know as small signups. This allows them to cancel the route at almost anytime rather than having to wait until the Winter signup since those drivers just go onto the spare board.
ETS has been in this position before. I seem to recall the 510x, or maybe it was 73 that did this for one sign up, and certainly there was at least 2 sign ups were the routes that formerly served Millgate and were due to shift to Davies, went on the small sign up since they would need different schedules once the shift was made. Of course, that never happened because the Valley Line never opened and ultimately, ETS just opened Davies to coincide with a new board period.

2023 Q1 progress report on Valley Line West. Not a peep about anything east of the Stony Plain Road Bridge.

I understand your frustration, but overall, their progression seem more than satisfactory. Ove half of the pillars for the elevated section are done, and the west side of the line seems to be moving at a crazy fast pace, to be honest.

Maybe they're focusing resources to be more efficient and fast, instead of spreading too thin.

Two things to consider. They need construction access to the bridge so installing tracks or utilities cannot be done at this time. Also the eastern section is relatively straight forward with ample room and no bridges or other major infrastructure.

Back