Seems like a lot to do in 2 months? Are they just getting the new road down to reopen on one side, then worrying about the LRT tracks on the other side after?
Yes exactly. There was a lot of underground utility work to do, but they are also doing the duct bank work this year (where the signal lines and etc run), OCS pile and station foundations. I believe they will start track slab and plinth work next year or over the winter. They did say that traffic would be permanently shifted

some details from their website on small delays

Screen Shot 2023-09-30 at 12.51.00 AM.png

I'm not sure, but it looks like the guideway at West Edmonton Mall is higher than the guideway by Davies Station.

I'm not sure, but it looks like the guideway at West Edmonton Mall is higher than the guideway by Davies Station.
I’m not entirely sure. It seems like the west guideway has 2 different heights, crossing over 170st from the hospital to wem station seems about the same as Davies, but crossing over 178st the piers seem substantially taller.

My apologies for not thinking to get a picture but I saw a cleaning crew with mops and cleaners and stuff at the Bonnie Doon stop today, so, I'm not an expert in anyway, but I'd assume someone up top is getting pretty confident the line opening is imminent. This assumption based on my time in the trades where we'd do the same type of cleaning right before a house possession.

Honestly I expected better from Knack, seeing as he is a proponent of public transit. I’m more surprised that marigold even replaced the third Party infrastructure since it wasn’t part of their contract. The city must have added that to their compensation. A road being closed for an extra month isn’t a huge deal, but that lady seems quite anti LRT. Skilled labor shortages are a big deal in construction, it takes time to train new workers.

Honestly I expected better from Knack, seeing as he is a proponent of public transit. I’m more surprised that marigold even replaced the third Party infrastructure since it wasn’t part of their contract. The city must have added that to their compensation. A road being closed for an extra month isn’t a huge deal, but that lady seems quite anti LRT. Skilled labor shortages are a big deal in construction, it takes time to train new workers.
100% that 3rd party infrastructure work was done on change order, at a nice juicy cost plus rate

Back