Some not great pics out the window.

3F6B7DDE-08C0-4372-A808-B411766CC430.jpeg
4DAF3D02-7610-4C27-8FB2-FC9410833B73.jpeg
6D4527CD-D44F-41E9-8C7D-46521738F400.jpeg
0A8A29A1-DDC9-4BDC-B2EC-43FE79530A9F.jpeg

I can't quite recall the details, but I read that the dispatched from the 2nd+ shops gain access to the line using the same tracks as the 1st set of shops... anybody confirm or deny?
Same tracks yes.
I imagine there are staffing and operational efficiencies from having both shops next to each other, but you are right about it being at the cost of redundancy.
Maybe, maybe not. While in all likelihood TransEd will be running the WLRT as well, that doesn't necessarily mean they will also be contracted to maintain the Rotem fleet. Given the separate facilities, Edmonton could choose to maintain the cars in house, contract out to someone else. I was surprised to find out that there will be a separate AVIS shed for the Stage 2 facilities, rather than using the existing AVIS.
This means transed is operating the west line as well but will trains will have to travel to Lewis farms to start service that might not be cost effective
Well no, because there is the storage facility at Lewis Farms.

Same tracks yes.

Maybe, maybe not. While in all likelihood TransEd will be running the WLRT as well, that doesn't necessarily mean they will also be contracted to maintain the Rotem fleet. Given the separate facilities, Edmonton could choose to maintain the cars in house, contract out to someone else. I was surprised to find out that there will be a separate AVIS shed for the Stage 2 facilities, rather than using the existing AVIS.

Well no, because there is the storage facility at Lewis Farms.
According to the project agreement, the second Avis is because it would be awkward to move both sets of train on a single track (as the AVIS leads right into OMF A). You would figure the city / transed would have planned the location of the VLSE AVIS to better accommodate the west…

Whewww! Too see the boondoggle happening in YYC now with their Green line. I am sssssooo glad we’re getting a 27Km line for under $5B! Compared to their 10Km / $6.2B fragmented line. How can they justify $600M/Km?! Mind blowing shit!

I'm glad the only cost overruns for us were for the Capital Line extension. I would hate it there were scope reductions for the Valley Line. Genuinely feels like we dodged a bullet there based on sheer timing (and the fact that for some reason, the Green Line is heavily politicized)

Whewww! Too see the boondoggle happening in YYC now with their Green line. I am sssssooo glad we’re getting a 27Km line for under $5B! Compared to their 10Km / $6.2B fragmented line. How can they justify $600M/Km?! Mind blowing shit!
Looking back, VLSE really was great value for money, considering it included tunneling, a beautiful river crossing bridge, 12 stations (including an elevated one), and 30 years of O&M for $1.8b.

Gotta think TransEd completely lost their shirt on this. No idea how they could have turned any sort of profit after all the construction issues + inflation. Per their original agreement, I believe they were supposed to forfeit a few million every month that it wasn't open as well (albeit likely COVID invoked some fore majeur protection).

Back