Great video, the music flows very well too. Walking the inside of the box must have been amazing, I hadn't realized it was so extensive and looks like it basically traversed from end to end. 👍👍

4cuv9f.png

Thanks @Kaizen! It's surprisingly roomy in there, and indeed runs the entire length of the bridge.

Rode the length of the Line today on my bike today, (well, nearby, as close to within eyeshot as i could get, the MUP stuff isn't done yet lol) and saw a lot of great progress. the section south of Whitemud is almost done, landscaped, 66 Street is starting to reappear, Stops being built. The sections to the north are a bit less farther along, although the track is continuous (as far as I can see) from the end of the Viaduct at Argyll to Connors Road, where the last bits of slab are being formed. I'd have taken pictures, but nothing really cool to report.

EXCEPT THIS NEW MYSTERY
IMG_9009.JPG
IMG_9007.JPG
It's a new section of Viaduct, one of the wide segments that carry both lines, like the ones in the above photo. I couldn't tell how long the section was because of where it's hidden (see map) but they are currently doing rebar for it, the lower form is already complete. They were offloading a truck of bars when i went by. I'm confused by this, since i thought they already had all the viaducts built? the area this is in, along the freight train line by Wagner high school, has been complete for a while. and it is literally hidden. i barely spied the one end from Davies Road, the rest of it seems to be right along the rail line, perpendicular to the viaduct. IDK how they plan to get this thing out, it's crammed in there. If anyone has any ideas, or knows where this thing is headed, please share, my mind is running to conspiracies.
mystery viaduct location.jpg

Red marks the mystery viaduct. blue is the line.

@cliffapotamus Can't really make sense of what I'm seeing from the photo, but could it be the guardrails for the Argyll ramp?
sorry for the odd photos, i literally couldn't get closer to it. what you are seeing in the photo, under the tarps, is the form of another viaduct section, in person you can see the profile of the sloped sides and the floor of the section. the opening in the photo is the open end of the section, the profile of the sides is barely visible.
I don't think its anything for the ramp, there are cast-in-place sides already there, and it the south end on 75th street is any indication, the only thing left are steel guardrail sections. idk, it may be for the ramps somehow, but they look fairly complete.

Back