Considering how much it has already changed over the past 20-30 years, I would say the future looks bright...it wasn't so long ago that there was no MacEwan at all and certainly no Rogers Place/Ice District. Particularly with the LRT running down the middle of it, Longstreet should look completely different in another 20-30 years.

Considering how much it has already changed over the past 20-30 years, I would say the future looks bright...it wasn't so long ago that there was no MacEwan at all and certainly no Rogers Place/Ice District. Particularly with the LRT running down the middle of it, Longstreet should look completely different in another 20-30 years.

Sure, but given that the last ARP was what, 10yrs ago... it's needing a few jolts of urbanity given that the LRT is forthcoming.

107 St

20240703_182735.jpg

20240703_182815.jpg

20240703_182751.jpg

20240703_182803.jpg

Those blocks in the Downtown proper from 104st-107st from 102-104 really should be prioritized and expedited.

it is surprising to me that little to no visible work has been done on 102nd ave west of RHW, while other parts of the line might actually see tracks getting laid this year. I don't sequence construction projects though so, maybe there's a reason for that idk 🤷‍♂️

I’m thinking that part of the reason might be the Saturday Market on 104 Street. Probably best to close all of 102 Avenue down with closures at 103-106 Streets.

it is surprising to me that little to no visible work has been done on 102nd ave west of RHW, while other parts of the line might actually see tracks getting laid this year. I don't sequence construction projects though so, maybe there's a reason for that idk 🤷‍♂️
They just wrapped up a ton of utility work on 102 ave between 103 and 105 st for the LRT. It's actually been fairly commendable construction sequencing, as @The_Cat mentioned likely to accommodate keeping 104 open as long as possible.

My guess is that they could be working around 105/106 Street in conjunction with the Warehouse Park, including the station.

Drove down the entire west line from 9-10pm on a Friday night (last night). Generally lots of progress going on, west of WEM still needs the most work, besides 102Ave downtown. At 10pm there were still a considerable amount of workers on the Henday bridge and within the Lewis Farms transit centre.

Back