112 street platform
IMG_2977.jpeg
IMG_2976.jpeg

This video REALLY highlights the potential along 87, 156, SPR. It's also remarkable that if this was in any other city we would be seeing speculation and 10-20 multi-fam projects in planning or U/C along this route. Here's hoping, but it seems to be a reminder of how Edmonton real estate works.

Here's another screen shot from the video - 104 Ave looking east.

It is such a wide road leading into our downtown - like highway size. It seems crazy to me.

The lrt enters 104 Ave at 107 Street - I wonder if there are any plans to narrow 104 east of 107st - do we really need such a wide road there?

Screenshot_20240722_141956_Samsung Internet.jpg

While I'm at it, 109 st is another example of too much road.

Screenshot_20240722_094118_Samsung Internet.jpg

This video REALLY highlights the potential along 87, 156, SPR. It's also remarkable that if this was in any other city we would be seeing speculation and 10-20 multi-fam projects in planning or U/C along this route. Here's hoping, but it seems to be a reminder of how Edmonton real estate works.
There’s 4 along the 156st route, plus a few dozen of those 8plexes on both sides in glenwood and west jasper place.

Pretty decent tbh. More than SE line has seen.

Ottawa is building A TON of density around its new system and is maybe the best and closest example.

Montreal, Tor, Van of course.

Calgary is doing a much better job at it and even Halifax is around its main bus routes.

It's just very odd given the expenditure on transit that more developers are not lining up SPR as a major infill destination.

Wondering how well redeveloping STR is going as we have to do a complete change over from pre tram population/buildings to post tram population/buildings

Now granted most of the properties from 156th to 151st are just lots (any word on the old Jasper Hotel), and the pawn shops are pretty well gone, with a couple rub and tugs to go would clean out the last buildings (although the old saxony could use a D9 cat), but is redevelopment being hampered by the population OR

Talking to some business owners elsewhere in Edmonton, could getting things permitted and approved be the problem, hearing 18 months in some cases?

I'm curious to know how the Valley Line LRT is co-existing with the Taste of Edmonton?

Can someone tell me why they saw fit to fence off the Churchill Connector from the Taste of Edmonton?
Why do they not want any LRT riders to partake in the Taste of Edmonton?

20240723_192020.jpg

20240723_192053.jpg

20240723_192111.jpg

Back