What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There is a vauge development permit for the Apartment building just north of the site
Major Development Permit
Permit ClassNot Available
Permit Date(No value)
StatusIn Progress
Description of Development(No value)
Address14111 - 103 AVENUE NW
This one to be exact
It's a permit to demolish the existing three-storey apartment north of the existing 100 West Block building on 142 St., where 'Future Residential' is noted on the image.

A ton of new info on their subsequent phases

Last edited:
^ Good find.

Most interesting of note in that article: Cantiro is looking to break ground on 400 West Block, a 96 unit apartment building for Q2 2024.

Exciting to hear. So 3 new buildings the next 5 years basically!
137EE445-4E97-4FCE-956C-96CEBB301E0D.jpeg

Honestly super excited to see what else gets brought in to this area. I genuinely really like the space they've built so far and I'm there pretty often. Hopefully it's a model for other Valley Line TOD style developments in the future.

Well, considering they levelled the entire western side of the intersection in anticipation of development, I'd like to remain hopeful that wasn't for naught, despite the track record of developers in this city.

I feel like the west line has the most potential (out of existing and U/C lines) for high-quality TODs that integrate well with their surroundings to produce cohesive neighbourhoods rather than walled gardens like they often do (like Clareview and to a lesser extent Century Park). There's the 142 St stop, 149/Jasper Gates stop, Jasper Place, Meadowlark, and Misericordia stops, in addition to hopefully putting pressure on 104th in Oliver to get rid of the power centres. Plus with the future developments at Bonnie Doon, Mill Woods, and Strathearn, the Valley Line could really be a great TOD-catalyst in a way Edmonton hasn't seen yet.

Last edited:

Back