What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
New to the forum after being a long time (4 year) lurker. Is there a post to follow the adjacent lot? It doesn't come up on the map!

Yeah, not enough of these mid-rise buildings are being put up.
Where's the streetscape? Another free loading developer? Or maybe the developers pockets aren't deep enough to have included any. This is the type of developer that upsets people in the neighborhood. Take a look at that picture and consider what that street and neighborhood would look like if everybody did the same as that developer.

Where's the streetscape? Another free loading developer? Or maybe the developers pockets aren't deep enough to have included any. This is the type of developer that upsets people in the neighborhood. Take a look at that picture and consider what that street and neighborhood would look like if everybody did the same as that developer.
Can you cool it just a little bit? Ever since you started posting here, the tone of the forums has taken a much more aggressive tone. I've yet to mute anyone over the years but I'm getting there.

This isn't Reddit.

Allegedly there were supposed to be trees planted out front, but due to u/g utilities routed underneath it wasn't feasible.

Allegedly there were supposed to be trees planted out front, but due to u/g utilities routed underneath it wasn't feasible.
It's really unfortunate that a utility service corridor had to be run around what looks like around the entire building. Wonder if the developer could plant some trees in the boulevard across the street as a compromise? Also wonder if the development in the block to the east will rip out the trees and not replant any.

Can you cool it just a little bit? Ever since you started posting here, the tone of the forums has taken a much more aggressive tone. I've yet to mute anyone over the years but I'm getting there.

This isn't Reddit.
Sorry but I thought that taxpayers were allowed to voice an opinion even when they may not be popular with everybody. Your post suggests that you have a dog in the fight because I don't recall you calling anybody out for complaining about any of Regency's vacant properties.

I'm completely open to planting trees in both outside lanes of that massive roadway. Is that what you'd actually like though, or are you concern trolling?

I'm not really sure what you mean by saying "another free loading developer?" Is this a major problem in the city that I'm not privy to? Developers are the only supply side solution this city has to housing. The governments we've been blessed with can't seem to figure out how to build housing for less than $1million/unit. I welcome developers to provide value to people. The more the merrier.

Often when there is a complaint about losing trees, it's when there's a considerable amount of housing being built. I don't want to lose the urban canopy either, and I certainly don't like seas of asphalt/concrete. It frankly seems bad faith to make this argument when the very picture you're pointing shows 80% of the public space being asphalt dedicated to cars.

I understand that some of you have jobs in the field and are doing God's work and are sensitive to criticism. If advocating for an urban canopy is "concern trolling" than it's what I'm doing and I'm glad that you're completely open to planting some trees along that road. Good projects include attention to the surrounding streetscape and I'm 100% on board with that project if something was done to remedy its deficiency.

Back