Well ,they are only dealing with lawyer , My lawyer charge me $ 200 for all the letters ( he gives us a good deal on it) ...... they are a big law firm which did a lot of real estate stuffs , actually I call them 5 weeks ago and they said that they are start dealing with the refund and told me our lawyer should sent them the request with all the paper work ( sale agreement) and yes they never reply our lawyer whether they get our letter or not, but one week later , they send in all the paper work and we signed it right away they next day.....then no word again for 4 weeks and suddenly the cheque show up from my lawyer office today......I forgot the name of the law firm since I don't have all the paper in front of me , but one of the user in this forum provided the name which is the girl I did talk to......you should get a lawyer to do this , well worth the amount of money your are chasing...Good Luck!

Vendor’s Lawyer:
Solicitor on File Michael C. VOLPATTI
(main contact: HEATHER STORE)

TEL: 905 760 2600

Thanks for the information. I will try finding a lawyer for this.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing. But it seems I should deal with the other lawyer- Meerai Cho. Is anyone got any info from this lawyer?

Well ,they are only dealing with lawyer , My lawyer charge me $ 200 for all the letters ( he gives us a good deal on it) ...... they are a big law firm which did a lot of real estate stuffs , actually I call them 5 weeks ago and they said that they are start dealing with the refund and told me our lawyer should sent them the request with all the paper work ( sale agreement) and yes they never reply our lawyer whether they get our letter or not, but one week later , they send in all the paper work and we signed it right away they next day.....then no word again for 4 weeks and suddenly the cheque show up from my lawyer office today......I forgot the name of the law firm since I don't have all the paper in front of me , but one of the user in this forum provided the name which is the girl I did talk to......you should get a lawyer to do this , well worth the amount of money your are chasing...Good Luck!

Vendor’s Lawyer:
Solicitor on File Michael C. VOLPATTI
(main contact: HEATHER STORE)

TEL: 905 760 2600

Oops , got the call from my Lawyer that the refund cheque will be bounced since the bank printed them ( Centrium's Lawyer , Bratty ) the wrong cheque ( confirmed from my bank too).....waiting for the new one.....

Oops , got the call from my Lawyer that the refund cheque will be bounced since the bank printed them ( Centrium's Lawyer , Bratty ) the wrong cheque ( confirmed from my bank too).....waiting for the new one.....

Thank you for your update

I purchased in this building and tried to get my deposit back from builder's lawyer Meerai cho Tel 416-960-0066. But I even can't not see her and make any appointment.
I found some investors but we had the same problem. Now we are looking for more people to communicate and talk to Meerai cho directly!!!

I purchased in this building and tried to get my deposit back from builder's lawyer Meerai cho Tel 416-960-0066. But I even can't not see her and make any appointment.
I found some investors but we had the same problem. Now we are looking for more people to communicate and talk to Meerai cho directly!!!

Me too. My purchase agreement showed that the builder's lawyer is Meerai Cho. I also tried to contact and make an appointment with her but no use.

Yesterday I went to meet my lawyer who help other two clients with this same Centrium condo case. He told me that in 2010, the builder's lawyer was from Bratty law firm. And the cheques were written to Bratty. But in 2011, which is my case, the builder's lawyer changed to Meerai Cho, and all the deposits went to Meerai Cho trust account. My lawyer does not really know why they switch the lawyer. What he is going to do is to first fax a letter to Bratty law firm and see if my deposit are there. If not he would contact Meerai Cho. One of his client already received the refund from Bratty. But my lawyer has no confidence that my case would be that easy.

It is such a frustration. I really doubt I can get back my deposit easily and smoothly. All I can do is to hope all those fund still sits in either Bratty or Meerai Cho trust account.

Btw, I rec'ed letter from Tarion that advised me go see the lawyer. I will have appointment with the lawyer tml. I will post the update.
If u have time , feel free to join...

Last edited:
Hi everybody, I just met my lawyer today. My lawyer will send the letter to developer builder lawyer to ask my $$$ back. When i had any update, i will keep u post.

My lawyer sent me the email about response from Brattys LLP this morning. I going to sign documentation tml.
Hope i will get the $$$ back soon.
Keep it post update...

My lawyer sent me the email about response from Brattys LLP this morning. I going to sign documentation tml.
Hope i will get the $$$ back soon.
Keep it post update...

congradulation! i have a question. was your original agreement signed with Bratty?

congradulation! i have a question. was your original agreement signed with Bratty?

The original agreement signed with Centrium, but the deposit is put in trust of the lawyer firms at Brattys LLP. Hope i answered your question.
Any question feel free to PM. I try to help each other.

Last edited:
thank you! it was lucky that your fund deposit to bratty. mine was to Merria Chow and i still hear nothing from her.

thank you! it was lucky that your fund deposit to bratty. mine was to Merria Chow and i still hear nothing from her.

It should be no difference with either Brattys or Merria. As long as your deposit in trust at their firms.

Back