Thanks techia. I may go for package C with granite counter top from A. I am thinking about stainless steel appliances + pre-engineered hardwood in bedroom + kitchen valance lighting. A lot of money out of my pocket. I've been browsing magazines, it seems like most of the model homes now use stainless steel appliances with kitchen valance lighting.

What do you think of my idea getting the black appliances first then sell it then get my own stainless steel appliances, Grasshoper? Don't you think the stainless steel package is expensive for Frigidaire brand?

You are not going to use the guy that you know to install hardwood in your bedroom anymore? I thought his price is really good.

The valance lighting on display in the sales office doesn't look very nice. It is like blue neon like. The ones that I see on the magazines are the one that fixed under the cabinet. Do you guys think it worth $700 after you look at it?

Hi newbuyer,

Maybe you are right in terms of the stainless steel being more expensive than buying retail but I don't think it's outrageous.

My reasoning with going with the builder is:

- They are guaranteed to fit and work as all units will be using the same appliance specs (If I bought it myself I would have to take delivery for the equipment and finding exact specs for a condo could be challenging)

- Perhaps, I could sell the microwave and fridge but selling the fridge would be a challenge I would think. I don't know how you rip out the dishwasher to sell.... maybe theres a way but i'm not prepared to do that.

I think the valance light is a ripoff. You could probably do it yourself for much cheaper.

Those are just my thoughts and opinions.

Stainless steel appliances

I will be going with the black appliances then select my own stainless steel appliances in the future.

I had Pam email me the actual models of the stainless steel appliances being offered with the upgrade. It will be Frigidaire appliances, enough said... I have a friend who just moved into the new condos by Ikea in North York, she has the same appliances and they are not worth it.

If I am going to spend money on s/s appliances, I might as well get the ones I want. There are plenty to choose from...

Think that is what I am going to do as well. Going with the black appliances and upgrade it later.

What do you think about their valance kitchen lighting, emeraldbuyer? How many kinds are there? The one that I saw on the sales office was installed in the crease between the wall and the cabinet and it is like blue neon which is weird. Would you or anyone have any other reference to the kind of kitchen valance lighting available? Maybe I should go to home depot.

here are the pictures of the colour selections.

In the package A, B and C in order from top left:
-Kitchen Cabinet
-back splash
-granite counter top
-living room/kitchen hardwood floor
-bedroom carpet
-Bathroom tile floor
-Bathroom tile wall

Package C
photo14kr.jpg

Package B
photo13xc.jpg

Package A
photo11zm.jpg

Upgrade Package. What are the upgrades consist of? Anyone remember?
photo16zp.jpg

Alternative
photo15sp.jpg

I forgot what the alternative choice is for. Maybe someone else know?

Last edited:
also..do you guys know what the upgrade on bathroom vanity entails? I forgot what's the difference between the standard and the upgrade one.

also..do you guys know what the upgrade on bathroom vanity entails? I forgot what's the difference between the standard and the upgrade one.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think upgraded bathroom cabinets share the same finish as the upgrade package.

Besides that, upgraded bathroom also have bigger wall tiles that covers the entire wall, not just the portion of the wall that connects to the bathtub. You will also have different colour floor tiles.

Thanks newbuyer and probey. I may save the money on the stainless steel appliances and upgrade the bathroom. I think black appliances with package C is not ideal but should be ok. What do you think?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think upgraded bathroom cabinets share the same finish as the upgrade package.

Besides that, upgraded bathroom also have bigger wall tiles that covers the entire wall, not just the portion of the wall that connects to the bathtub. You will also have different colour floor tiles.

Sorry I was asking about the $500 bathroom vanity upgrade. I do know that with the $5000 upgrade it comes with bigger wall tiles in and different colour floor tiles. I can't remember what is the $500 bathroom vanity upgrade consist of. Help? Anyone? I emailed Pam already but she is away until Tuesday.

Thanks newbuyer and probey. I may save the money on the stainless steel appliances and upgrade the bathroom. I think black appliances with package C is not ideal but should be ok. What do you think?

I think I will go with package C too with counter top from package A. But then again when you imagining it, from top to bottom, it will look dark (cabinet), white (backsplash and counter top), dark (cabinet), and dark (hardwood floor). Doesn't it look too dark overall? It will be ideal if it is dark (cabinet), white (backsplash & counter top), dark (cabinet), and light (hardwood floor)? But I don't like the look of package B hardwood floor.

Last edited:
it's not that bad actually! i went with package c with pkg a counter and pkg b carpet. i have the same selection for my current condo dark oak (cabinet), beige brick (backsplash-upgrade), exact same pkg a counter (which was an upgrade!!), dark oak (hardwood).. the upgrade is kinda pricey so i went with black appliances and upgrade later ..no rush.. ..as for your question ..u will be fine .. as long as u hv light colour walls for contrast. the light grey laminaute is a nice colour tho!

it's not that bad actually! i went with package c with pkg a counter and pkg b carpet. i have the same selection for my current condo dark oak (cabinet), beige brick (backsplash-upgrade), exact same pkg a counter (which was an upgrade!!), dark oak (hardwood).. the upgrade is kinda pricey so i went with black appliances and upgrade later ..no rush.. ..as for your question ..u will be fine .. as long as u hv light colour walls for contrast. the light grey laminaute is a nice colour tho!

Hey Felix do you remember what's the $5000 upgrade consist of? Did you go with the kitchen valance ligthing or any other upgrade??

Last edited:

Back